MFP and Fitbit question!

Options
So inhale a Fitbit charge 3 and MFP app. When I log an exersice (les mills grit for example), is it double tracking my exercise? The Fitbit counts the steps and adjusts my calories, but when I enter the workout, it adjusts my calories again.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit adjustment is:

Fitbit Calorie Burn - MFP estimated calorie burn = +\- adjustment

MFP estimated calorie burn is based on your activity level and any logged exercise.

When you log an exercise on MFP, it will be sent over to Fitbit and replace what Fitbit thought you burned for the time frame. Be sure your start time and duration are correct. If you don’t put the correct information in you can end up doubling your exercise calories.

The reason your Fitbit adjustment changes after logging exercise on MFP is that you have increased what MFP thought you would burn for the day. It recalculated your adjustment so that you don’t double them.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I have heard that you are best off logging all of your food on MFP and all of your exercises on your Fitbit as this will give the most accurate calorie burn. It makes sense, especially if you have a heart rate monitor which will give a more accurate assessment of calorie burn than algorithms and averages on MFP. As already stated you won't be double dipping as the syncing between the 2 prevents this.