In anticipation, so I took a leap.

Options
hooah_mj
hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
None of my jeans fit any more...way cool how they slide right off (buttoned up), so I went shopping and found a size 12 that looked awesome! But a thought came to me...it's been 20 years since I fit into a 10, so I bought them instead.

Foolish? Dreaming?
Can I really go there?

Have ya'll ever?

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You CAN really go there!!!!!!!! I think it was great step to take and imagine you will find they are fitting you sooner than you think! Keep them hanging on your bedroom door so you see them everyday! (or maybe on the refrigerator door - that would work best for me, ha ha!). Glad you are experiencing the joy of buying new clothes because of your efforts! Keep up the good work.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of 10s as well that I bought at the Tommy Hilfiger outlet. They're still too tight to wear in public, but they zip up and button fine. I'm hoping I can wear them in a few weeks. I've never worn a 10 EVER. I'm still amazed I'm wearing a 12 comfortably.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I did the same with size 32 pants about 3 years ago, and have been wearing them for over a year now. Having a visual goal is something that no other motivation can match.

Keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    At Easter I bought some 12 pants and by the beginning of June, I could slide those off. 10 are a dream if it is the right brand. Some 10's are still too snug. My neighbor brought over a size 6 shorts that she just knew I could wear. I laughed out loud b/c I've never seen that size...ever! Well, I did keep them b/c I got them zipped. It was NOT pretty to try to move, but I was still shocked. Again, it's all in who makes them. Good job on getting the goal pants instead of the "safe" pair! Motivation!
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! You can and you will!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Have been wearing 12s for alond time. Keep that pair of 10s in my closet. Can zip them and can wear them but to snug for an older lady to go out in.:blushing:

You should have those tens. I am so glad to hear your old pants are dropping off you. What a great feeling that must be!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, and yeah I do that now. I bought a dress 2 sizes smaller in March for Sept and if fits now haha..I should have bought it 3 sizes smaller.
    Enjoy those size 10's one day I hope to get there!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    None of my jeans fit any more...way cool how they slide right off (buttoned up), so I went shopping and found a size 12 that looked awesome! But a thought came to me...it's been 20 years since I fit into a 10, so I bought them instead.

Foolish? Dreaming?
    Can I really go there?

Have ya'll ever?

Can you really go there? Absolutely!

Foolish? Dreaming? Not at all!

WTG for your weight loss so far and being able to take your jeans down even when they are buttoned up hehehe
  • SarahAlt
    SarahAlt Posts: 44
    Options
    I finally fit into my 10's again. I'm wearing them this morning, though they're a tad loose. I used to wear an 8 at my peak of fitness when I was in college. But I'm gonna get there. And I'm going to wear all those nice slacks and pants I have from my pre-parenthood days. I'm already confident enough to wear shorts again. :)
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love having goal pants. I've never really set mini goals for myself, but I've had a few pairs of goal pants, so it's kinda the same. I bought my first pair about a year and a half ago and now they're definitely too big (don't think I can pull them straight off all buttoned up like you though!). My next goal pants were actually old pants that I was wearing 4 years ago, and now just this weekend I bought a new pair. It's such a great feeling when you realize you hit that goal!
  • misstrish03
    Options
    I just went from a 12 to a 10, and I have a pair of size 8 shorts that fit, but are tight... they're my goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!