Galaxy Watch Anyone

I've been eyeing the new Galaxy Watch, mainly for the watch itself (cool looks, features, downloadable faces, stand alone service, etc.), not so much for the fitness features, although those are still of importance. Does anyone have any experience with how well it performs as far as the biometrics and how well it plays with the UA apps for syncing workouts/logging?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    I've been eyeing the new Galaxy Watch, mainly for the watch itself (cool looks, features, downloadable faces, stand alone service, etc.), not so much for the fitness features, although those are still of importance. Does anyone have any experience with how well it performs as far as the biometrics and how well it plays with the UA apps for syncing workouts/logging?

I never used a Samsung Watch but I did use Samsung Health with my phone before which is how the Galaxy connects to MFP, there have been some issues between SHealth & MFP.

Current known bugs per Help Section:

Bug: Step count not syncing from S-Health to MFP APPSV-164
    Bug: Erroneous S-Health adjustment when exercise is added APP
  • HulkV2
    HulkV2 Posts: 32 Member
    I have a galaxy watch and it's ok. You get a free year of MFP premium if you link them Haha. It uses Samsung health for pretty much everything, it tries to track excercises without you saying hey I'm exercising now but it's off. Sometimes it thinks I'm riding a bike if I'm driving and the road is bumpy.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    I love mine but I have no idea how to know if the biometrics are accurate and I haven't figured out how to sync workouts, at least not reliably. Every now and then a workout that the watch tracked automatically will show up in my log but not always.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I love my Garmin watch for all the reasons stated in the OP. And syncing works with it.
  • Vanessasalazar713
    Vanessasalazar713 Posts: 1 Member
    Just got mine today, it is nice, not too bulky.

It's working okay, but only the steps have synced with mfp. I am hoping there's a way to sync the workouts too. I was upgraded to premium for a year since I linked the watch.

The meals entered on mfp are syncing well to S health.