Fat carb protein ratio

Options
witchy32
witchy32 Posts: 4 Member
I am trying to lose 1 to 2 kg per week. I weigh 64.7 at present. What should my goals be for fat protein and carb and calories per day?

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Your first goal would be to lower that to 0.25 kg per week. 1-2 kg is near impossible at your weight. As for ratios, I would stick to the calories and macros MFP gives you when you tell it you want to lose 0.25 kg a week. It's a great starting point. You can tweak that later based on your experience.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    That type of weight loss is not realistic or healthy. The max amount of weight loss target allowed on MFP is 1kg per week, and that is only recommended for those with significant amount weight to lose. At your weight, .25 to .5 kg per week is the maximum recommended (depending on your height and amount you have to lose).

So to be honest, I would focus on getting your expectations in check and setting a healthy rate of loss before worrying about anything like macros.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    What the above two posters have said, and also to add that adjust for satiety if needed otherwise stick to the MFP recommendations.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    As above for your weight loss expectations, 1-2kg per week is not going to happen in a healthy way.

Weight loss = less calories than you burn.

Nutrition = meeting the minimum recommendations for good health
    • Protein - which helps to maintain muscle during weight loss minimum recommended amount 0.6-0.8g per pound of your healthy goal weight.
    • Fat - helps to absorb vitamins A, D, E & K and helps the body to function, recommended amount is 20-35% of your calorie intake, limiting saturated/trans fats
    • Carbs - a good source of energy and fibre. Recommended amount of fibre per day is 25-30g

Satiety = tweaking the percentages to your own tastes and discovering what helps you feel full.

The MFP standard macros are a good starting point and as long as you get the recommended amounts, you can alter the rest to suit, some people find higher protein/lower carb more filling, some prefer moderate everything, some prefer high fat, very low carb and some prefer high carb with moderate protein and low fat.