Fitness Watch Help!

Options
Hi all,
I know there are a million posts about this but I’m still not clear so I’m hoping to get some more advice. I am looking for a fitness watch that syncs with MFP, can be worn for running and other in-gym exercise, does steps and HR and calorie tracking, and can also get texts and have a watch face and normal watch things. Swimming capability is a plus but lands at the bottom of my list.

I’ve had the Fitbit HR2 in the past but I’m wary of their upgraded versions from what I’ve read.

I’m also wary of the Apple Watch. It seems like a ton of money for something that isn’t perfect for the functions I want, but I could be wrong.

All advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check out the Garmin Forerunner series watches. They will get you most of what you are asking for. Some things like calorie tracking won't be super accurate from any gadget. Also, I'm not sure what you want from the in gym exercise but again calorie tracking will not be accurate. Some of the forerunners have some feature for lifting and such but I've found them to be lacking.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner or Fenix. Done.
  • askeeney
    askeeney Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have the garmin VivoActive 3 I love it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Look into Garmin.

I have been a Fitbit user since 2013 and 15 months ago upgraded to the Ionic. Well...it’s dead. Never been in water either (though it can supposedly track swimming). It’s had a lot of problems while it was working too (example: distance was way off for 11 months...and yes my stride length was manually set. I checked it numerous times). Before my warranty was up I contacted them about a syncing issue and I basically did all the troubleshooting myself (took 3 factory resets to get it to work).
    I never had many issues with previous models, but the Ionic has been a lot of trouble and I have gotten very little support from CS.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Garmin. They make great products. I have the Vivoactive HR. It's an older model but has all the requirements you mentioned. Garmin also has great customer service.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I am also a happy Garmin user!