Oh God, I'm So Hungry

Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
Its the drugs. A side effect of the drugs. Well, a side effect of stopping the drugs nobody warned me about until it was too late.

I've had lots to eat. I don't need food.

I'm so hungry and nothing helps. :(

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    You got this! I'm on meds that increase hunger and it's a serious pain. You went off ones and now feel more hungry?

I wasn't careful I'd be eating twice as much as I do now. I workout a lot and do stuff to distract me from feeling hungry. I also make sure to eat something every couple hours so I don't have to wait too long for the next snack. Sometimes that leaves me watching the clock, but I try to find things to distract me. It sounds dumb, but brushing my teeth after dinner and knowing I'm done with food for the day helps. I feel your pain and wish you weren't dealing with this!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Can you try different macros? Depending on which hormones your meds are messing with, maybe a different combination might help more. Try something like a spoonful of peanut butter (fat) and see if it helps with satiety.

My sympathy, hope this side effect passes quickly.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Its the drugs. A side effect of the drugs. Well, a side effect of stopping the drugs nobody warned me about until it was too late.

I've had lots to eat. I don't need food.

I'm so hungry and nothing helps. :(

Well you could eat tons of Protein and see if that helps.
    You could also eat tons of rabbit food ( if you are worried about gaining weight)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Nah. It's like being on prednisone again. On that drug, I'd make a sandwich while ordering a pizza and munching on carrots and after all that still be hungry, but also in pain because a stomach can only hold so much.

Hopefully will get better in a few more days.