Retrying for hopefully the last time 😊

Hey! Once upon a time I lost 70 pounds and was at my goal weight for the first time in my life. I felt great... but of course life gets hard (nursing school for one) and I let my emotions get the best of me a slowly all that weight went back on. Starting to practice as a registered nurse I'm realizing how important it is for me to be a role model for my patients and take care of myself. I've always taken on a loner approach to losing weight, but I think it's time for a change. I hope interacting more on here and with others will help keep me responsible and motivated to stick to my health goals. I hope I can motivate people and I hope I can get some consistent kicks in the butt here Haha πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,568 Member
    Welcome!
    I'm a member of an MFP group that is wonderfully supportive. It's a monthly team weight loss challenge (the goal being for all of us to win!). Interested? You'd be welcome to sign up and start being part of the conversation. You'd be assigned to a team and could start being part of the conversation now, and your weigh-ins would start counting for the team in June. There are optional daily check-ins -- very helpful when you use them, as you check in on how you are doing on your plan for yourself as regards food, water, exercise, plus any other health goals you had for the day. And, yes, people on our team do cheer each other on! Weigh-in is weekly on whatever day you choose. People on the teams share challenges, victories, ideas and more. Jump in, if it's appealing!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10743634/june-2019-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group-registration-page
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    You did it before, you've got the tools and you'll do it again - all the best :smile: