Skinnier fingers, lost my ring! šŸ˜ž

Options
Since I've been losing weight my rings have been getting looser. I actually ordered a kit to help them stay in place. I hadn't opened it up and read the instructions yet. All of a sudden over the weekend I realized my engagement ring was gone. It's not one of those 3 carart diamond numbers, just a pretty little sapphire with 2 little diamonds on the side. I love it. Had it almost 5 years. I don't care much about jewelry otherwise. I'm so bummed. I keep hoping it will turn up since we had been home for hours already when I discovered it was gone. I guess there is a drawback to losing weight. On a positive note, I hit my lowest weight so far on the scale today 197.2 - after going over my calories by 250 yesterday!!
Ā«1

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Aw. I'm hoping it turns up.

It is frustrating. I've lost jewelry at home too. Seems like it should be easy to find, huh?
  • keenest37
    keenest37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I hate losing things. You just know it's sitting there somewhere but where?? Tell me! I want to know!!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I was previously engaged and lost weight. After temporarily losing the ring twice (luckily it was in my house), I bought those ring spacers with the plan to eventually get the ring resized.

I hope you find your ring. Call the service desk at any store you shopped at, call the local police station and post a picture on a local facebook group. Good luck.
  • keenest37
    keenest37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ha ha. Wow. Thanks! :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I've so sorry to hear you've lost your ring :/ I really hope it turns up for you...
    The only thing is insurance will cover it and it can be replaced - I know its not ideal and it wont be the same but its something.

I almost lost one of my rings too when I lost weight, went down two ring sizes.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen a few times. Worst was losing my wedding ring in a bag of leaves when I was raking in the fall. I had to dump 12 bags before I found it. At work I lost my ring once and ran all over the office looking for it. It turned out I had dropped it in my purse when I reached in to get something there. My hands swell and shrink, depending on how much water I'm retaining. I wrap a piece of athletic tape around it so it doesn't slide off as easily. I haven't had a problem since.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    When my rings started getting loose I took them off and bought some gold filled bands off Etsy. They are about $20 and I can keep buying them in smaller sizes. When i hit my goal weight and have stayed at that weight a year I'll re-size my wedding rings
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I lost my wedding ring...it was titanium, so it couldn't be resized. I had stopped wearing it at some point in my weight loss because it kept slipping. My wife started noticing that I never wore my ring and it upset her even though I explained why...so I started wearing it again and just told myself I would be very careful. One day it was just gone and I have no idea where I lost it.

I have a silicon ring now that my wife gave me for Christmas.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    It is so upsetting when you lose something with so much meaning.

I have had rings drop off as well. One I found in my handbag later that day and the other was under the mattress where I had tucked a sheet in several days later.

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yup, lost my diamond ring at the gym once, but found it. Itā€™s been in the safe ever since. I wear a plain gold band and actually like not being flashy.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Mine went missing last year. I had mostly stopped wearing it, and had plans to get it resized so I kept putting it in my purse, forgetting, then moving it back to my jewelry box. I had pretty much exclusively switched to silicon rings.

I went to get it one day for a special occasion and couldnā€™t find it! I was convinced I had put it in my purse again and it had fallen out or been stolen while I was out and about. Months later after having looked in every place imaginable, and after I had nearly given up on ever finding it, it turned up. We were moving, and one of the movers found it when he took our bed frame apart. We think it had gotten lodged in between the frame and box springs, as I had already pulled the bed out, and mattress off looking for it. I must have worn it to bed and had it fall off in my sleep.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Sorry, OP, i hope you will find it. I will add to many stories here, because mine fell off few times as well, and i was able to see it or hear it. One time it came off while i was doing the laundry, just slipped off into the pile. Took a bit to find, i was going crazy looking everywhere. Good luck!
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    One more story, my husband lost his first wedding ring a month after we got married. He put it in his gym shorts pocket, and went for a run on the track.

We never found it. We bought an identical replacement. How e canā€™t wear it at work. When silicon rings hit the market he switched. He still gets his tungsten ring out occasionally, but likes that he can wear the silicon ones and not worry about taking them off, or losing them. After two years I think heā€™s on his 3rd one.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    So if you used a tote bag to go grocery shopping, check in those bags, the car trunk, pocketbook, maybe outside of your car door on the ground or grass. Good luck and sorry it is lost.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I lost my wedding ring...it was titanium, so it couldn't be resized. I had stopped wearing it at some point in my weight loss because it kept slipping. My wife started noticing that I never wore my ring and it upset her even though I explained why...so I started wearing it again and just told myself I would be very careful. One day it was just gone and I have no idea where I lost it.

I have a silicon ring now that my wife gave me for Christmas.
    One more story, my husband lost his first wedding ring a month after we got married. He put it in his gym shorts pocket, and went for a run on the track.

We never found it. We bought an identical replacement. How e canā€™t wear it at work. When silicon rings hit the market he switched. He still gets his tungsten ring out occasionally, but likes that he can wear the silicon ones and not worry about taking them off, or losing them. After two years I think heā€™s on his 3rd one.

I never heard of silicone rings before! What brand did you guys get? Pictures?

@keenest37 good luck finding your ring. I don't have a found ring story, but I did find my FitBit a few times before I lost it forever.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened. šŸ˜„ I hope it turns up.

I almost lost my wedding set down a drain, so I had it resized. They're loose again, but the jeweler said wait until final goal to get them resized again. Most rings can only be resized twice. My engagement ring spins around my finger. The wedding band holds it on.
  • kara_tastic
    kara_tastic Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I got ring spacers I think thats the name. They are plastic and you wrap it around the back of the ring. Works great and now my stays on my finger!
    I got a new wedding set after my was stolen from a break in. I loveeeee my new set and would be so upset if I lost them. My cost more to downsize since they are soldered together.