Options
2»

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Then in all cases Rename to what libra wants. And import locally on phone.

I tried renaming the file as a backup for Libra. The file seems to be correct when I view it. Libra will recognize it when I select the "Import Database" option. But Libra does not load the file on the new phone.

• alteredsteve175
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Also, just as a random thought . . have you tried importing when the new database has at least one record in it? (Stupid random thought. Trying to remember what the heck I did . . . .)

Yes, I tried that as well.

I love technology. When it works. HAHA! :p

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    It seems that even though the backup is being saved as a properly labeled csv, drive treats it as an image file when libra tries to restore it. Have you ever run into such a thing Ann? Thanks :)

Can you download from Google Drive to your phone and end up with a readable CSV in the downloads folder (use Android file manager to change extension to .TXT to visually inspect what you've got)

Or even rename on Google drive to TXT before downloading. Download.

@PAV8888 Thank you! Yes, I have it downloaded from google drive, saved in downloads (android file manager) and documents + the copy left on drive. Below is what I've tried:
    1. copy to internal storage/Libra as downloaded > nope
    2. copied to internal storage/Android/data/net.cachapa.libra > nope
    3. copied to internal storage/Android/data/net.cachapa.libra/files > nope
    4. copied to internal storage/Android/data/net.cachapa.libra/ and each of the previous locations *all > nope

I renamed the download to a .TXT file per your suggestion and it shows as a .PNG :D Visual inspection regardless of which encoding I choose yields gibberish.

I'm officially at my wits end as I can't seem to choose what format Libra backs it's data up as. I do appreciate the help Sir :)

With apologies for asking (used to work at a help desk and we always ask irritating questions): It was an export of the database rather than an export of the chart, in the first place, right? (Former is from export menu option on the database view, latter from export menu option on the main page.)
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Also, just as a random thought . . have you tried importing when the new database has at least one record in it? (Stupid random thought. Trying to remember what the heck I did . . . .)

OOOoo! I have an idea (that might be a memory)!

I just looked at my old files again. Do you have comments in your weight data?

The export has the comments as plain text in the last delimited field. The file I actually imported has single quotation marks added before and after each comment. I dimly think I may've added the single quotes. That might be it - data format problem?!?
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It seems that even though the backup is being saved as a properly labeled csv, drive treats it as an image file when libra tries to restore it. Have you ever run into such a thing Ann? Thanks :)

Can you download from Google Drive to your phone and end up with a readable CSV in the downloads folder (use Android file manager to change extension to .TXT to visually inspect what you've got)

@PAV8888 Thank you! Yes, I have it downloaded from google drive, saved in downloads (android file manager) and documents + the copy left on drive. Below is what I've tried:
    4. copied to internal storage/Android/data/net.cachapa.libra/ and each of the previous locations *all > nope

I renamed the download to a .TXT file per your suggestion and it shows as a .PNG :D Visual inspection regardless of which encoding I choose yields gibberish.

I'm officially at my wits end as I can't seem to choose what format Libra backs it's data up as. I do appreciate the help Sir :)

With apologies for asking (used to work at a help desk and we always ask irritating questions): It was an export of the database rather than an export of the chart, in the first place, right? (Former is from export menu option on the database view, latter from export menu option on the main page.)

YES! That was it!

@alteredsteve175 open libra > hit the 3 bars menu up top > Hit the 3 bars again > Export Database to (I used google drive) > Stay on that page > 3 dots menu > Import database - this time it gave me the option to use Libra and worked!

@AnnPT77 You rock young lady, thank you! :)

edit: Yes I hugged you twice :D this was driving me a bit nutz ya know? :)
  • AnnPT77
    Options

YES! That was it!

@alteredsteve175 open libra > hit the 3 bars menu up top > Hit the 3 bars again > Export Database to (I used google drive) > Stay on that page > 3 dots menu > Import database - this time it gave me the option to use Libra and worked!

YaaaY!

(But ya didn't really read my first message on this thread, didja? Ya know, the one that said:
    In your old Libra, open the database listing (via the 3 bars (not dots) thingie in the upper right). You should see a list of the database entries, organized by date.

In the upper right, you should see a three-bars thingie with an arrow on top of it. Click that. Pick "save to drive".

:lol::drinker: ).

When I did it, I still had to do some extra step to get the import to work - I think it was maybe the data format thing, not sure. Sounds like you didn't need the extra step.
  • Phirrgus
    Options

YES! That was it!

YaaaY!

(But ya didn't really read my first message on this thread, didja? Ya know, the one that said:
    In your old Libra, open the database listing (via the 3 bars (not dots) thingie in the upper right). You should see a list of the database entries, organized by date.

In the upper right, you should see a three-bars thingie with an arrow on top of it. Click that. Pick "save to drive".

:lol::drinker: ).

When I did it, I still had to do some extra step to get the import to work - I think it was maybe the data format thing, not sure. Sounds like you didn't need the extra step.

I have a horrible tendency to quick scan..I blame my work, but I'm usually pretty good with it lol. That should teach me to slow up a bit. :)
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    I am able to get this option in Libra, but it still doesn't load the file.
  • AnnPT77
    Options

All I've got as an idea is this one below Steve, but it seems to have worked for Phirrgus without doing it.

OOOoo! I have an idea (that might be a memory)!

I just looked at my old files again. Do you have comments in your weight data?

The export has the comments as plain text in the last delimited field. The file I actually imported has single quotation marks added before and after each comment. I dimly think I may've added the single quotes. That might be it - data format problem?!?

• Phirrgus
    Options

On that screenshot, are the database entries ones that you manually entered? The import option may not actually over write an existing file. When the import worked on mine, my database on the new phone was completely empty. you could try deleting the existing entries, or uninstall>reinstall Libra, and then try the import again....
  • alteredsteve175
    Options

On that screenshot, are the database entries ones that you manually entered? The import option may not actually over write an existing file. When the import worked on mine, my database on the new phone was completely empty. you could try deleting the existing entries, or uninstall>reinstall Libra, and then try the import again....

Tried the uninstall/reinstall. Still unsuccessful. Curses! Foiled again! :p
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Checked the CSV file. There is no user entered text. There is some text at the top of the page - version number, format layout, etc.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Checked the CSV file. There is no user entered text. There is some text at the top of the page - version number, format layout, etc.

Oh, well - not it, then. Comment field is what put the text in mine, last field on the line.
  • Phirrgus
    Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if your backup is corrupted. If you still have access to your old phone try uploading another backup to drive and see if the new phone will load that one. I'm out of ideas if that doesn't work Steve....