What books have motivated/inspired you?

Options
Slashnl
Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
I'm looking for suggestions on books that have either really inspired you, or have helped keep you on track with food plan and exercise. I love to read and I would like to add a few good books to my list to help me keep moving forward! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sharonlep
    sharonlep Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Brain over binge. Kathryn Hansen.
    I bought it as an audible. :)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    The Beck Diet Solution by Judith S. Beck
    Thin For Life by Anne M. Fletcher

Both of these were recommended on here and were very helpful to me in figuring out HOW and WHY. How to manage cravings and Why others had maintained. I would recommend them both.
  • Slashnl
    Options
    Thank you for your replies! I'll check these out!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My struggles with food have always been rooted in mental health, so my suggestion isn't really a book about food, but really helped me to realize why I turn to food to cope, and what I can do to live a better life (which includes my health). It's called The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You by Elaine Aron.

May not apply to everyone, but I hope that people who might be in the same situation as I am will discover it and find it helpful.

YES!! Such a good book.

Although I don't actually have Asperger's (but share some traits and have loved ones on the spectrum), I LOVE "Aspergers on the Job" by Rudy Simone for very similar reasons.

While it's not remotely a diet/weight loss book, I thought "Orange is the New Black" by Piper Kerman was life changing. The TV show is fun and interesting, but the book completely changed the way I look at so many things in life and really changed my perspective. It might sound like a huge stretch but I believe it contributed to my overall life change which has included weight loss & improved fitness.
  • Slashnl
    Options
    Interesting! I wouldn't have thought of reading Orange is the New Black, but now I think I need to!! I appreciate the suggestion.
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It Starts with Food was fantastic by Melissa Hartwig.