Biscuits @ Red Lobster

Options
So, I am totaling up my food at dinner since we went to Red Lobster. It would have been a great meal....but for the Cheddar Bay biscuits. They are like an addicting drug. I ate four and it was a total of 600 calories! I coucldn't believe it and for the first time, I think I see how I have been punishing my body with food. Next time, I am going to ask that they not bring the biscuits to the table!

Ironically enough, I was only over my daily calorie limit by 39. :)

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know, I was at Red Lobster today too (fortunately I knew about the calories for the biscuits!) I *always* order something with a salad and then ignore the bread until I finish my salad (with dressing on the side... ). Usually by the time I finish my salad and eat my one biscuit, the food is out so it is easier to ignore the biscuits and eat the rest of the food. I love that it is so easy to eat healthy at Red Lobster (except those biscuits, of course!)

Good for you on still being in a good calorie range!
  • thecowgirl72
    thecowgirl72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think we are all suckers for those cheesy biscuits. I guess if I'm going out to dinner, I am trying to have a good time. Limit yourself to one and eat only half your meal. Take the rest home for tomorrow's dinner
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    They are so yummy though!!!! MMMMM.... I swear they must use crack because they are addictive ;-) I limit myself to one, but if I have 2, then I have to eat less of something else.
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Only over by 39 calories is not so bad - go take a brisk walk around the block and get back under that goal!!! :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I know they are addicting! Somehow, though, whenever we go to Red Lobster, I'm able to limit myself to only one.... Maybe it's because by the time I'm even half-way done with my biscuit, my family has eaten the entire basket. :P Haha. I love Red Lobster. Woodgrilled salmon, yum, yum, yum!!!
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes they are so good especially with their Parmesan crusted tilapia! Omg awesome.I feel you!
  • jeweljade
    jeweljade Posts: 93
    Options
    ugh I know I love them too. I went to Ocharley's today and blew it. I had the california chicken salad trying to be healthy, but by the time I had two rolls and one cheese wedge I had eaten a 1,000 calories :sad: I was so mad when I got home because this meal was and unexpected one with a friend so I really wasn't prepared. I was sooooo mad I went out and burned burned burned till I was only 87 calories over my daily calorie + exercise cals limit! Why does food have to taste so good? :grumble:
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    We don't have a red lobster here but boy those do sound yummy, lol. Its truly amazing how many calories some food has in it, a real eye opener when we are writing it all down!!!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I have had to do that @ lonestar.....there dinner rolls and sweet butter are such a weakness...1/2 of 1 was 300 calories, i normally ate 4 just by myself so i had that same reality check my 1st time and now i just tell them to leave the rolls away
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, we just went there a few weeks ago. I had like 5....big surprise I gained 2 pounds that week, lol.
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    oh oh i gotta add to this one. So apparently eating 1 serving of the salad they bring you at olive garden is a whopping 350 calories!!!!! and to add salt to injury it has 1930g sodium!!!!!!!!! Who knew? I went there one day thinking I was being good and all and skipped the bread sticks and ate two servings of salad. When i got home to log in my calories I nearly passed out. I was better off eating the yummy bread sticks with marinara!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    oh oh i gotta add to this one. So apparently eating 1 serving of the salad they bring you at olive garden is a whopping 350 calories!!!!! and to add salt to injury it has 1930g sodium!!!!!!!!! Who knew? I went there one day thinking I was being good and all and skipped the bread sticks and ate two servings of salad. When i got home to log in my calories I nearly passed out. I was better off eating the yummy bread sticks with marinara!!!

I did the same thing and now I get the minestone soup instead...lots less fat and more filling...still in the high sodium bracket
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options

If you ask, they will bring the salad with dressing on the side. I am sure the dressing is most of the calories. :) I also think they have light Italian... but I could be thinking of Macaroni Grill there (that would be about the only thing light at Macaroni Grill!). My question at Olive Garden is how many servings of salad are in that bowl? They bring the same amount no matter how many people are at the table!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I ate at Olive Garden tonight and I was alone. The bowl of salad they brought me was not filled as full as it is when there is more than one person at the table. They don't have a light dressing, but there is an easy way to lessen the impact of Olive Garden salad.

1. Tell them to hold the croutons.
    2. Dressing on the side
    3. Tell them no salt on the salad (not sure if they actually put salt on it, but it can't hurt to be specific)

BTW, I will take Olive Garden breadsticks over those tasteless biscuits at the Red Lobster any day, but that is just me.

The BEST "biscuit" or "scone" I have ever had can be found in Bend, Oregon at a place called "The Pine Tavern." They make their own honey butter scones, and if you have a basket of them, you won't CARE if your dinner ever arrives. Totally addicting.

I don't know if the restaurant still exists, as I haven't been there in about 8 years, but oh my--talk about good!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    2. Dressing on the side
    3. Tell them no salt on the salad (not sure if they actually put salt on it, but it can't hurt to be specific)

BTW, I will take Olive Garden breadsticks over those tasteless biscuits at the Red Lobster any day, but that is just me.

The olives are what really pile on the fat...although, it is the healthy fat

I'll fight you on the biscuits....they put garlic salt on them and they are too soft, they should be like crusty Itialian bread...hate the texture of that...what they should give is a little olive oil with parmesean cheese and pepper to dip in.....yummmm
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    2. Dressing on the side

The olives are what really pile on the fat...although, it is the healthy fat

I'll fight you on the biscuits....they put garlic salt on them and they are too soft, they should be like crusty Itialian bread...hate the texture of that...what they should give is a little olive oil with parmesean cheese and pepper to dip in.....yummmm

Hadn't thought about the Olives, but that makes sense. I did notice that the salad dressing adds a lot of sodium, according to the OG website.

As for the "biscuit vs. breadstick" war, I can see it now--a duel, using breadsticks instead of light sabers. :noway: :noway: Winner gets to eat the biscuit or breadstick of their choice!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: