High protein snack recipes

Options
Beth_Marshall
Beth_Marshall Posts: 30 Member
Hi all.
I am looking for some yummy protein bite/ball/snack recipes.
Preferably as low in carbs as possible.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• asfvbbbhbhh
    asfvbbbhbhh Posts: 4 Member
    Options

This cheesecake is actually pretty high in protein but not ridiculously low in carbs (ca 30g Carbs and 53g Protein, 480kcal in the whole thing.)

Its delicious and airy though.. :)- when eaten warm it’s almost reminicient of semolina pudding. I usually eat 1/3 - 1/2 of the recipe if i have it for breakfast.

- 250g of curd
    i got the most indulgent-tasting results with 20% fat but 0.2% works just fine

- 4 medium eggs

- 2tbsp Whole Grain Flour
    feel free to experiment with this, i have used starch or pulverised oats before for similar results

- 2 tbsp of sugar, or an artificial equivalent

- Salt and Vanilla to taste
    this gives the cheesecake it’s “cakey” flavour so i wouldn’t skimp on the vanilla. If you want you could add lemon rind at this stage, it really does elevate the taste.

Mix with you tool of choice until smooth and pour into your preferred mold (ramekins, cake forms of all sizes, cupcake forms etc.) and bake at 175 C* for roughly 15 min or until firm.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What about those little egg muffin things. Get a cupcake tin where there are 12 portions. Mix up 10 eggs, chop up spring onion, cherry tomato, slivers of pepperami or very finely chopped ham, and a little bit of grated cheese. Put the non egg mix of all those things in the bottom of each portion in the tin and then pour over the egg mix.

Bake in teh oven, I cant remember how long but you will see when they're done, they're firm.

They are very nice.