Not seeing results

Options
2»

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    This was my question, too.

Check out this video that shows how "before" and "after" photos can be made.

That was pretty entertaining. Well done!

I have always been suspicious of the seemingly obvious slouching and purposeful tummy extensions from people (who seemed to know what their "after" picture might look like).
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 lbs and I can't tell a difference day to day. I take pictures, make sure they are as near to duplicates as possible (clothing, lighting, etc) and then I can see small differences. I agree with most people above, a lot of what you see in before and after pictures is either fake, or actually happened over a much longer time frame than they're claiming.

For example, I was watching an advertisement for one of the Beach Body programs, and in very,very,very small print it said the before and after photos, which showed DRASTIC changes, were actually from 3 or 4 rounds back to back of the 8 week program.

Walk your own road, and celebrate with yourself any achievements that mean something to you.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I have found that I will lose but see nothing then suddenly with 2 more pounds see a lot of difference. You aren't doing anything wrong - just stay the course and it'll all catch up.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've lost 86 pounds. No one, other then my husband, noticed until I hit 80 pounds. I'm not kidding!
    One thing to consider; Most women are at least a little touchy on weight as a subject and people are aware of this. Would you want to bring up someone's weight randomnly in conversation? Probably not. My sister in law was the first to say anything and she was really apologetic "I didn't want to say anything, so forgive me, but have you lost weight?"
    As far as seeing changes myself, I didn't see anything until I lost 40 pounds. I started out at 263 so I had a bunch to lose...and still have 40 left to go
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, that's kind of what I was thinking but it's just hard when you see tons of other people doing 8 or 12 week programs and you can see a huge difference but ive been doing this for almost 5 whole months consistently and can't tell a difference.

A lot of those "progress photos" are also lies. People either use tricks like fake tan, camera angle changes, tensing and not tensing, saying it's 8 weeks but actually it's a lot longer and in some cases photoshop.