Macros- need help with my plan

Options
maddiifc
maddiifc Posts: 2 Member
I'm new to macros and have been doing intermittent fasting for a few weeks. I workout 3-5 days a week, depending on work schedule. I'm wanting to lose around 7kg, I'm currently 64kg, with a height of 155cm. I'm hoping I can lose this weight in 12 weeks as I have a wedding to attend and a new dress to wear. What should my calories be and my macros? I currently eat 1450 cals, p 45% c 30% f 25g . Is this correct?

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    163 g protein is overkill, but if you like it, it's unlikely to hurt you. I'd find that unsustainable on 1430 cal, personally,
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    163 g protein is overkill, but if you like it, it's unlikely to hurt you. I'd find that unsustainable on 1430 cal, personally,

wowza i'd find that crazy hard (I am on about 1400 calories). I average 90 grams of protein (sometimes up to 100). but i watch to ensure i get that, not sure i have ever hit 163!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I was going to say the exact same thing... and on top of that with only 7 kgs to lose, (approx 15lbs) 0.5kgs(1lb)/week may be too agressive, assuming your goal weight and body fat % will fall in the healthy or athletic range. maybe for 1-2KGs that will be okay, then you should switch to 0.25kgs/week (0.5lbs/week)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,212 Member
    Options
    Where did you get your macro goals? For my taste, 163g protein ((.45 x 1450)/4) is overkill, but extra won't hurt a healthy person if you like eating extra protein. For someone losing weight and active, 0.8-1g protein per pound of lean body mass is adequate (roughly equivalent to 0.6-0.8g per pound of healthy goal weight). Converting that to your case, that would be 75g to 100g protein minimum daily based on your goal weight.

40g fat is probably fine, though I prefer to get a little more (at your goal weight, around 44-56g).

Panini has given you good advice about calories & loss rate, including the idea that macros are about satiation and health, and that calories are the key factor for weight loss.
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Go on the IIFYM website (if it fits your macros) you can plug in your stats incl physical activity and then input it custom into MFP!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Smacfit_ wrote: »
    Go on the IIFYM website (if it fits your macros) you can plug in your stats incl physical activity and then input it custom into MFP!

I agree. Just remember to not eat your exercise calories back because IIFYM already accounts for exercise.