Eating the right amount

Hey y'all! I've switched up my diet like some of y'all suggested and the starving feeling has gone. But according to my calorie tracker I am not eating enough on some days.. I feel like I am. I no longer have the starving feeling and I feel fine. Well except for the headaches I've been getting but those are from wheening myself off of caffene. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I track all my food and liquid intake everytime I eat or drink something. I also track the excerise I do, granted it's not much excerise but I'm working on doing more. So I'm basically confused on what I'm doing wrong.
Does anyone have any suggestions on why I'm supposedly not eating enough?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Hey y'all! I've switched up my diet like some of y'all suggested and the starving feeling has gone. But according to my calorie tracker I am not eating enough on some days.. I feel like I am. I no longer have the starving feeling and I feel fine. Well except for the headaches I've been getting but those are from wheening myself off of caffene. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I track all my food and liquid intake everytime I eat or drink something. I also track the excerise I do, granted it's not much excerise but I'm working on doing more. So I'm basically confused on what I'm doing wrong.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on why I'm supposedly not eating enough?

Are you eating back exercise calories? If not your net calories may be falling below the recommended minimum.

Also feeling fine is no indication that you're eating enough, you may feel fine, until you're not.

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    What calorie tracker are you referring to? MyFitnessPal? Also, your diary is closed so we can't see what you're eating or how you're logging. You might be eating enough, but not logging correctly.
  • jjaysgirl13
    jjaysgirl13 Posts: 10 Member
    I don't excerise on the daily and how do I change the diary status? Yes I'm using myfitnesspal.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    how are you measuring your food? do you use a food scale for all foods? carefully selecting appropriate entries in your dairy?

would you be open to opening your diary so we can take a peak for possible errors?

how long have you been tracking? what is your rate of loss so far?
  • Panini911
    if you ARE logging accurately but not hitting your goal, look at this list of calorie dense foods. you don't need to eat more quantity to hit your calorie goal. but eat foods that have more calories per gram. start by avoiding low cal stuff, opt for full fat or 2% yogurts and milks for examples. nuts.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I don't excerise on the daily and how do I change the diary status? Yes I'm using myfitnesspal.

You can change your diary status by going to Settings > Diary Settings > Public
  • jjaysgirl13
    I just set my diary to public. Y'all take a look and tell me what y'all think. I've been logging for about 2 weeks now. I've lost about 4lbs since I started.
  • Panini911
    edited May 2019
    I just set my diary to public. Y'all take a look and tell me what y'all think. I've been logging for about 2 weeks now. I've lost about 4lbs since I started.

it's hard to give too much feed back - many days most of your calories are coming from pepsi. and you are under eating big time. Sunday May 19 you literally have no food listed. only creamer and pepsi.

what is this? "Homemade - Soft Taco With Beef, Cheese, and Sour Cream"
    did you create a recipe or is this something you randomly selected as an entry from database?

Same question for this "Homemade - Sauted Garlic Veggies" did you create that using recipe builder if not you need to avoid recipes in the database and crate your own. best to only chose entries for natural ingredients (chicken, broccoli, honey, etc).
  • Panini911
    edited May 2019
    ok scorlling back you have en entry "Eggs - Cooked, 1 Eggs"

avoid those types of entries. enter your one egg (you can either scan the box for your eggs or find an entry for just a basic egg of the correct size). if you cook it in a pan, make sure to add any oil or butter used in the cooking. I use large eggs, they are about 70calories each.

"Cheezits - Cheezits, 27 cracker" for crackers make sure to weigh, cookie counts are approximate. they usually put on the box what a portion is in grams. weigh that and ensure the box calories for those grams match the database entry.

again unless you are eating out and there are no options to log your own recipie and that place does not list calories AVOID anything listed as "home made" and multi ingredient entires. weigh you ingredients, log them seperately. or create your own recipe.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Keep in mind that by eating the way you have recently you may have some blow back both physically and mentally. You are eating very little and drinking a large number of your calories. I think I would be able to keep that up for another week or two before I went a little nuts and started eating everything in sight. I should know... I have done it before. You might be fine though and you have to do you.

I think @Panini911 covered how to tighten up your logging.

• jjaysgirl13
    After reading y'all's comments I realized that I'm not logging my stuff right and I didn't even think about logging the butter/oil I cook with. Thank y'all very much for y'all's input.