Fitbit Alta and Calories in MFP?

mrs_kurz
mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
Hi all, I just got myself a FitBit Alta HR because I wanted to track my workouts better. I synced it with MFP to avoid doing things double, but it just doesn't seem right. Am I going crazy?

It's telling me today that I have an extra 1057 calories from exercise?! All I did was about 45 mins at the gym (pretty high effort but not 1000 cals worth) and a bit of normal walking around in the city.

I have my calorie goal set at 1500 anyway as I'm trying to lose 1lb per week. If I eat ALL the calories suggested now it seems super high.

Anyone with more expoerience on how to best use FitBit and MFP together?

Replies

• ambertopaz75
    ambertopaz75 Posts: 20 Member
    The calorie adjustment is a guesstimate til end of day. Its saying your tracker is predicting you will burn so many calories based on how your morning went. I learned the hard way that excercise calories change throughout the day if you aren't meeting those expectations. The extra calories is the difference between what mfp thinks you will burn and your tracker. If you go into diary and click your tracker under the excercise area and then click the tracker again it will take you to the math of it all. Like for me,I burned 1555 calories by 8 this morning so based on what I normally do plus that my tracker predicted I would burn a lil over 3000 calories today. Mfp stays the same unless you have a weight or goal change. I ended up changing my activity level so it gave me fewer calories but my fitness app predictions don't change as drastically throughout the day and if needed I will eat a portion of my excercise calories.