Looking for UK Keto Friends

Hi there...I’m Lucy, 32 from the UK. I am 5’2” in height and I have around 2.5-3st to lose, as I go down I will assess if I want to lose more or stop earlier.
I’ve recently started Keto along with intermittent fasting and it’s going well but we are still at the very beginning. I’m looking for some UK Keto friends to add so I can have accountability and also see how others manage their food diaries. I’m currently OMAD and it’s going well but have considered to drop down to a 4hr window so I can spread my calories a little as I don’t normally eat until 8-8:30pm.

Happy to have Ketoers from other countries, I just specified UK as I know I’ll be able to get the items they use here.

Look forward to progressing with you all.

Lucy xox

Replies

• surjiosurjio
    surjiosurjio Posts: 33 Member
    What’s your fasting times
  • HarrieMe
    HarrieMe Posts: 3 Member
    Just started Keto today, and will be intermittent fasting next week once I knuckle down the diet and my macros!
  • Lashes1986
    Lashes1986 Posts: 126 Member
    What’s your fasting times

Currently fasting from 8:30/9pm to 7:30pm - OMAD
  • Lashes1986
    HarrieMe wrote: »
    Just started Keto today, and will be intermittent fasting next week once I knuckle down the diet and my macros!

I’ve added you ☺️
  • FireflyJay25
    FireflyJay25 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I've been on a keto diet/lifestyle for 2 weeks now, currently 8lbs down, which is a good start. Been following the advice on Diet doctor.com, using my fitness as a guide for calorie ratios etc and to maintain my carbs. Still learning tho. Because of feeling full a lot I do a 16/8 fast during the week, with a full 24 hour at the weekend. It works quite well and may look to extend. Look forward to hear how you and others get on.
  • Lashes1986
    Thanks @JamieShiells
    I’ve been ill the last week it’s taken me ages to begin to feel normal. Cracking back on with it today. I’ve not eaten high carb just not particularly high fat the last few days. Whilst I’ll I barely ate I still ended up putting back on 5lbs of the12lbs that I had lost. Just goes to show consistency is key.
  • JemX29X
    JemX29X Posts: 4 Member
    Hello,

I have just started Keto also (day 3 only) so it is all very new to me but I have been reading up a lot about it. I work offshore so the food is cooked for me and I am really struggling to find enough fat without the carbs so my food diary is very weird at the moment. For example I had 3 (undercooked) poached eggs with blocks of chedder cheese for breakfast this morning which wasnt the most apetising but worked well for my macros! When I get home I intend to have a 7 hour eating window and one day fast. How does everyone find fasting? I am not sure I will manage to do that! Also what electrolyte supplements did you use (if any) to replace the water loss at the start (ive read it prevents "keto flu") i was going to have dioralyte but it has 3.6g of carbs per sachet! Looking forward to hearing everyone's expereince.

Jemma
  • ALJFBarker
    ALJFBarker Posts: 5 Member
    I've been doing keto for a few months now, IF on a 18 / 6 schedule. Lost bit over 2 stone, could be more but weekends are killing me at the moment.
  • Lashes1986
    Hey @JemX29X
    I'm almost restarting after going all out on the alcohol and getting back out of the groove. I was doing well for a solid 3 weeks. I feel like it's harder starting now than it was when I initially started! I personally didn't get keto flu but I'm not sure why! I believe there are some effervescent tablets you can get from Home Bargains (if you have one near you) that are ideal for Keto. I don't have one near me so I've not yet found them and they're expensive online. Good Luck x
  • Lashes1986
    Hey @ALJFBarker
    How are you finding the meals in general? I find I am struggling to actually get my calories in around my Macros each day. I think I need to do more research. I'm finding weekends okay if I am busy but not if I am just at home!
  • JemX29X
    JemX29X Posts: 4 Member
    Hey @Lashes1986, that is what I worry about, I am very motivated at the moment but I am going to Thailand next month and I doubt I will be able to keep it up over there in carb country! I've read a lot of things saying that as soon as you stop keto you end up putting weight back on really quickly. I am hoping that is not the case! Thanks, I actually have a Home Bargains in the town where I live so I will check it out :)
  • Lashes1986
    @JemX29X I see some that say otherwise, they may put a few lbs on but more or less stay at maintenance. I think it needs to be looked at as a way if eating as opposed to a diet. It’s something you carry on with albeit you can relax a bit when you become fat adapted which from what I have read can take a little while. How long will you be in Thailand? I love Thai food ❤️
  • maxinefurness
    maxinefurness Posts: 318 Member
    Hi @Lashes1986
    I am from the UK and also trying to do the keto diet and I intermittent fast- I think I’m in your other forum on here too 👍🏻
    I’ve been trying keto for the last 4-5 days. I slipped up last night though when I went out for food with my friends.
    I’ve done intermittent fasting 8-16 for around 2 years and love it.
    How are you finding keto? X
  • Lashes1986
    Hi @maxinefurness ooo yeah the weigh in one? I’m finding it okay, harder since my slip up but I’m getting there. I do struggle with meals sometimes I just done know what to eat. I need to get into the habit of planning in advance what I’m going to eat and then it will be easier I think. How are you finding it? x
  • maxinefurness
    maxinefurness Posts: 318 Member
    @Lashes1986 I had a bad weekend, too much alcohol and carbs! I’m back on it today though! Have you had any flu symptoms?
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    In the UK but not on keto...good luck!
  • deanna448
    deanna448 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m also starting Keto and looking for friends to inspire me. I’ve done a vague meal plan for the week but it seems so boring. Hope some of you add me 😀
  • Lashes1986
    @maxinefurness that was me the weekend before last! Took a week to start feeling human again. Not had any flu symptoms but like I mentioned I was very very ill after drinking! Needless to say I’m currently turned off of alcohol! Lol xx
  • Lashes1986
    @shaf238 you can still add me ☺️
  • Lashes1986
    @deanna448 thanks for the add. Good luck with the journey. My diary is open for viewing ☺️ x