Would you help?

Options
Rocko820
Rocko820 Posts: 53 Member
If someone bullied you at school, but years later you've moved on and are happy with your life. You are walking through your town and happen to see this person collapsed on the floor semi unconscious, suddenly realising this was the person who made your life hell at school. What do you do?

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    depends on what happened to them i suppose.

if someone else was standing around and said they had punched them out for example, I'd probably have a laugh and keep on walking. maybe stop to lift their wallet at least.

if they just slipped and fell or something totally innocent, id pull 'em up and set 'em against the wall and dial 911 from their phone and bail asap so they don't try to blame me for it when they wake up.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Rocko820 wrote: »
    If someone bullied you at school, but years later you've moved on and are happy with your life. You are walking through your town and happen to see this person collapsed on the floor semi unconscious, suddenly realising this was the person who made your life hell at school. What do you do?

I'd make out with their mouth as I resuscitate them ... That'll teach them
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Of course I’d help. I can’t resist any chance to be the bigger person
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Of course I would help... there's a little bit of good in everybody. Just because they were awful to me doesn't mean they aren't a brother, a sister, a friend, a child to someone else... I've been awful to some people in the past and I would hope that they would still help me out of human decency.
    Not to mention, we have a civil duty to help. Not acting or at the very least calling emergency responders in an event such as that is actually a crime in the United States.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Yes I’d help - well all do stupid chit in school - I was bullied - I bullied others at times I’m sure - just trying to fit in - most ppl change once they get older and wiser I believe - some don’t but most do - takes too much energy to hold grudges
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Yes I’d help - well all do stupid chit in school - I was bullied - I bullied others at times I’m sure - just trying to fit in - most ppl change once they get older and wiser I believe - some don’t but most do - takes too much energy to hold grudges

Same. Bullied a lot, did some bullying when I could, chalk it all up to learning and mistakes-made
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Id at least call 911 for em. Doing the CPR myself is a little more than they deserve though...
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    thats not even something I would have to think about..I would absolutely help
    However, I was never bullied..I really cant imagine how that would feel..to be tormented at school daily....sucks
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    If I knew this hypothetical person was still mistreating people habitually for kicks in the current day, I would do nothing to help them.

Unless I was professionally obligated to, then of course I would.

But if I was on my own time minding my own business then no. I'd walk right by them.
  • Rocko820
    Options
    No. I will hold a grudge for a thousand years. Also I'm really petty.

Let it go, let it go!
  • Rocko820
    Options

Let it go, let it go!

Never. *kitten* Ashley from 4th grade

🤣 name and shame👍🏼
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Let it go, let it go!

Never. *kitten* Ashley from 4th grade

Can I watch?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    It's wrong to walk away from helping someone in need. Helping that person would be an important step in releasing those negative feelings.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Of course I would, that's not even a question!

I don't believe in holding on to anger, I don't think it's healthy. I would always help someone in need, no matter who it is. I believe in being the bigger person.  Even if there is certain people I am not fond of, it doesn't mean I don't want the best for them. Everyone does stupid chit but it doesn't mean they have to suffer all of their life because of it.

This raises a good point. As they say.. hurt people hurt people. Really hurt people really hurt people.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Some of the answers in here are really brightening my day :) Thanks y'all