Big-girl Jeans?

Options
Hi folks :) I'm looking for some advice about jeans. Can anyone recommend a brand or brands of jeans that fit well on us plus-sized ladies? After having my daughter, I still have the mommy pooch, plus I'm in between a size 18 and 20, and while I've been every size between an 8 and a 20, it seems like anything over a size 14 is just a baggy bunch of jeans that doesn't give me any shape at all. I currently have one pair of non-maternity jeans that fit, and now that I'm losing weight they are super baggy and look frumpy but I'm not having any luck finding a pair that fit well. Any suggestions?

Replies

• CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If you have one near you I loved Lane Bryant jeans. It is actually something I miss now that I am no longer in plus size jeans :sad: . They are on line also if there is not one near you. :flowerforyou:
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Currently I like Maurice's. You can order online if they don't have a store near you. They have lots of really cute plus size clothes that don't look like old lady clothes! :)
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Are you in Canada? Because Mark's Work Warehouse has nice jeans.

If not, Old Navy isn't bad - they often have larger sizes available - I like the 'Sweetheart' style jeans.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like the Gap and the ANA line at JCPenney. I am short too so finding cute stuff that fits correctly is a pain in the butt sometimes
  • CetteFaconChimique
    Options
    I absolutely love Ariya jeans - they seem to wear out faster than some other brands, but they fit amazingly well and I got all of mine for less than five dollars each. I don't know about the availability of the brand, though; it might be regional or exclusively online by now.
  • sarahwilson12
    sarahwilson12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you in Canada? Because Mark's Work Warehouse has nice jeans.

If not, Old Navy isn't bad - they often have larger sizes available - I like the 'Sweetheart' style jeans.

This. Old Navy is great for having a variety of jeans for different shapes & sizes. I'm a tad biased, as I did work there for a bit. But, I liked them before that :smile:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I like the jeans at J C Penney,...the St John's Bay brand. They fit me very well and aren't expensive.
  • shellsies93
    Options
    I go to ross for my jeans (and really anything)...I don't have a lot of money and they seem to have a bunch of different sizes and designs and types that fit differently!
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Just My Size's jeans (www.jms.com). They are priced pretty reasonably and they have a nice fit (no above-butt gap if you're pear-shaped).

I started out in a size 28, but I'm not in a 22 and hope to be in a 20 in the next couple of months. I think their sizes go down to 12 or 14. Good luck!
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Love Old Navy diva bootcut! Bought 3 pairs in the spring online, but they are now too big! Went in today, and went down 2 sizes, but with all the back to school buying I had to do for the kids, I didn't get any. They were on sale for $19 though (in Canada) good luck!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I like the jeans at J C Penney,...the St John's Bay brand. They fit me very well and aren't expensive.

Agree!! St. John's Bay and Lee jeans fit me really well. They both have some stretch and fit well all over. For me, it's usually waist OR hips but these fit both! Good luck!
  • justkeepswimming620
    Options
    I've had the same problem and I just recently bought a few pairs of Ruff Hewn (I got them at Herberger's but I know they are available elsewhere too). They're a little spendy but I love them!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Lee Slender Secrets. Can buy at Kohls or Jcp, but biggest selection online at Lee.com. They will handle left-over mommy pouch (or just plain old fat which is my problem). They come in varying "rises"... is that a word ... and the higher end styles don't get baggy. (Lee Riders ... at WalMart ... lower end ... not a great quality denim but still not bad)
  • LeanAmbitions
    Options
    Avenue, Lane Bryant, Catherine's. Onestopplus.com has a lot of the brands. Avenue's jeans have always been my favorite.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I love Lane Bryant jeans for plus size. I will be happy though when I can go to a regualr store I am a 16/18 right now. Lost 25 lbs but not from my waist/pooch yet
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Old Navy or Just My Size both get rave reviews from me . . . Old Navy sizes tend to be a tad big and a tad long, and Just My Size isn't very consistent with their sizing (I have a pair of size 24 JMS that fits perfectly and a pair of size 26 that's tight), but once you find the right-fitting pair of either brand (and sometimes hem the Old Navy jeans), they're perfect :)

Also, if you like slightly stretchy jeans, Avenue is pretty great. They can be a little expensive but if you sign up for their e-mails, they constantly send out coupons.
  • Khendyl
    Khendyl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Torrid Jeans. They have a lot of styles and options, their jeans always fit me best.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Currently I like Maurice's. You can order online if they don't have a store near you. They have lots of really cute plus size clothes that don't look like old lady clothes! :)

I also like Maurice's. And they have good sales often. I usually get my jeans at bogo half off. That makes them $15 each.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Avenue makes a nice skinny jean....
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    JustFab.com The jeans are nice on, they show you the different sized models for the same jean styles and they are pretty excellent about returns. Oh, and they are a great price.