My story

Options
sava1697
sava1697 Posts: 7 Member
Hey guys! I’ve used this app for a long while but I’ve never posted anything so here’s my story i hope it will help someone! This is to motivate anyone who is unsure if they have the strength to lose the weight, get out of a bad situation, or overcome EXTREME hurdles. Disclaimer: this is not a soap box from me to complain or brag about everything that’s happened to me. Just me sharing a story. My weight loss journey started on 5/30/2018 but the rest of the story happens before that and all of the things that lead up to the weight loss are at least as important if not more. In 2016, after a year of dating, i got married. That turned out to be the biggest mistake and nightmare of my life. It even trumps what I’m going to tell you about in a second. I’ll spare you all the gory details but in short i was abused emotionally, mentally, and sometimes physically to a point that I’m not even sure how i came back from it. (This is the part that was trumped by how awful my marriage was) Fast forward to 01/18/2018. On that day in January i was in a major car wreck that left me with a moderately severe brain injury ( the drs words not mine.) and a whole long list of deficits from it. I can’t begin to tell you the amount i suffered from this. My brain was so weak and communicating so poorly with my body i was in a wheelchair for about 3 months. If there’s anything that can break your spirit in the snap of a finger it’s that. About June of that same year things came to a head with my then husband. I was at a point in my life i couldn’t do much for myself and my ex husband refused to help me in any way. Left all the details of all my care on my parents shoulders. I decided i didn’t want my care and even my life in that mans hands so i left. By August I was a single woman again. About a month or so later give or take i stumbled onto something i didn’t not expect. I was not looking had no interest in a relationship with anyone but as fate would have it this particular man caught my attention for reasons i didn’t understand at that point in time (i know why now). I was so traumatized by the way i was treated previously, my accident, and my divorce i moved at the speed of a snail and was even a bit reluctant at first. But you fast forward about ten or so months and this man has changed my life and stole my heart. Keep in mind i had no intentions of dating anyone for a good while if at all but everything that has happened with him up to this point has been completely flawless completely effortless just about perfect. I have never ever worried he would hurt me or endanger me in any way and before i knew it i was so deeply and hopelessly in love with this man I was pretty much awestruck. About a month ago pretty much out of the blue he asked me to marry him and i said yes!! On 5/30/2018 i was at the weight of 323lbs😱 On that day in May i had decided enough was enough and had gastric sleeve surgery. Since then i have recovered tremendously from the accident and that’s putting it mildly. I have completely blossomed from where i was at. Partly because of all the rigorous therapy and all my pt, ot, and st therapists and partly because 1. I decided to leave a toxic abusive relationship and 2. Because i met a man that accepted me for me and loves me unconditionally brain injury and all. Some of my deficits will always be with me but in general unless you look close and talk to me face to face for a bit, you can’t really tell anything ever happened to me! He helped me in was i can’t begin to explain. Helped pick me up from the traumatized corner i was in and showed me a whole new view on life and love and relationships.One of my bigger hurdles i jumped was that since May of 2018 i have lost 103lbs and still going down rapidly! Along with cutting my weight dramatically, changing everything about my eating patterns and behaviors and with a brain injury on board to boot(that was no easy feat trust me), I have also left a toxic relationship, adapted and healed from my injury I’d say about 70% from where i was when this happened, and met, dated, got engaged, and soon to be married to the man of my wildest dreams and love of my life. I hope reading about the last 4 years of my journey can speak to someone. It does not matter what you’ve been through, what you’ve done or for that matter ahem who you’ve done, you CAN leave the relationship. You CAN heal. You CAN lose all the weight. You CAN become a brand new person. All it takes is one action to throw the rest of your life into place. If ANYONE ever wanted to talk to me I would be homered to try and help you get through your own special set of circumstances. Have a good day love you all 💋!

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    So sorry you had to go through all this. I'm happy to know you're overcoming it. You got this! Best wishes and I'll be rooting for your future! <3
  • vvww88
    vvww88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are a fighter and an inspiration💪
  • sava1697
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • sava1697
    Options
    Thank you! It’s just one day at a time one foot in front of the other!

• arnoldpaiz
    arnoldpaiz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Thanks for sharing.
  • sava1697
    Options
    Thank you!
  • skertz
    skertz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Look at you go! Inspiring 💕
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So happy thing worked out for you. Hugs being sent your way.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • sava1697
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • Tonynorman52
    Tonynorman52 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WISH YOU THE BEST......YOU DESERVE IT. THANKS FOR SHARING
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!