Keeping Motivation

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to ask what are some of your tips to maintaining motivation throughout your fitness and health journey?

I often find myself motivated for a week and then lose it all. I’m thinking this is because I’m naturally an average body type person and if I don’t work out or eat healthy I’ll remain the same weight - (I’m 123 pounds without working out). So I think I use this as an excuse. But I truly do want to be more toned and healthy and think if I start a healthy lifestyle I’d be overall more confident!

Any tips are much appreciated 😊

Replies

• manlyhooduk
    manlyhooduk Posts: 19 Member
    Just reduce the food intake Instead of going for a strict diet that’s how you can eat the same food but lesser quantity. If you think you are keep failing do one step at a time
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    Work on making new habits instead of starting all at once making big changes. Start off logging what you eat. Make changes after awhile to reach your goals. If you are working out, try to do it at a certain time each day. Shape your chances of success, for example if you want to run each morning, lay out your outfit and tennis shoes the night before. Same goes with food, plan something a head of time for lunches versus going over your calories, check restaurant web sites so you find something within your calorie limit.
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Look at older family members blood related, an if they are heavier have heart issues or other health issues. Use that as a motivation to live a healthier life style. Another is think will my metabolism always be this good. My metabolism slowed way down when I hit 30, I used to be able to eat what I wanted an never gained a lb.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Someone once told me that if you rely on a temporary emotion like motivation, you will get temporary results.

I treat my gym time like any other appointment I've made. I go and do the things. Once you start seeing results then the motivation will kick in to keep going.
  • kelliclark805
    kelliclark805 Posts: 15 Member
    Stay consistent. This is the best advice I’ve been given. Start with one small change & then add as you go along.
  • lolonoelle12
    lolonoelle12 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you to all!!!!! I’ll have to revisit this post whenever I am feeling any type of negative emotion about working out.