Why is my Weight taking its Sweet Time??!!

Options
LaSebaya19
LaSebaya19 Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello,
I am very angry, confused, and wanting to give up. I have started my weight loss journey and just ended my 3 month mark. I started around 335 and now weight between 310-314. I have a very sedentary lifestyle but what confuses me the most is that I did WW for a month, which was a waste for me. Joined MFP on the 2nd month at 2,000 calorie daily and then on the3rd month at 1,800 calorie. My progress is so slow and I have no idea why. Yes I know exercise is good but all that does is allow one to eat more from what they burn. I have changed my Diet completely and thought by the 3 month mark I would easily be below the 300lb mark.. I just feel so ughhhh... Any help or suggestions would be appreciated... Thank You MFP Family

Replies

• LaSebaya19
    Options
    As you lose weight, be sure to adjust your calorie target lower. This is to account for your steadily lowering needs as you lose weight. 25 lb lost in 3 months is great. Keep on truckin'.

Thank You for response.. Yes I will keep my mind in the game
  • keenest37
    keenest37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me. I've been doing this 2 1/2 months and have lost 11 pounds. What were you expecting??
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on an amazing start!!!! Keep chugging along and those pounds will keep falling off. It's a grind a for sure!
  • LaSebaya19
    Options
    slbbw wrote: »
    you are at 7.5% lost. That is not minimal at all. Acknowledge the progress you have made. You are averaging about .5% a week. If you maintain that rate you will have lost about 100 pounds at the year mark. Long term goals.

Yes, I agree.. If I keep going then hopefully will reach the goal I set out to.. I know it's not realistic but the drop is very very slow & I know it's all about Patience!!! Which most of us don't have lol.. Thank You for reaching out
  • LaSebaya19
    Options
    Congratulations on an amazing start!!!! Keep chugging along and those pounds will keep falling off. It's a grind a for sure!

Deff a Grind!! I know I must keep my mind I'm the game. I just need to have patience and just give it time.. Thank You for compliment..
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    25 lbs in 2 months is great! I started at 301 and think it was closer to 3 months to get to 25. What do you think you should've lost in this amount of time?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Your reward is not the next 25 lbs. Your reward is rejoicing in achieving a process on a daily basis that results in the next 15 to 30 lbs in reduction... and you're happy with either the 15 or the 30 or anywhere in between because you're already doing all the things you know you should be... and you're enjoying them.

Exactly. I kept choosing miserable paths where I was strict with myself thinking it would be worth it when I stepped on the scale. It NEVER was. The scale doesn't pay off often enough or in big enough increments to offset the hours of frustration. What is worse sometimes it went the other way and I was doubly unhappy.

Once I focused on today and today only and absolutely did my best to ignore all thoughts of weight loss unless they were necessary I found my path. My goal is making today a happy day not weight loss. Weight loss is the bonus prize.
  • LaSebaya19
    Options
    keenest37 wrote: »
    Sounds great to me. I've been doing this 2 1/2 months and have lost 11 pounds. What were you expecting??

I feel that if in 3 months I was at the 300 mark then mentally I feel like I would have succeeded. If I was at the 300 mark then I would be in no rush to lose the next 50lbs. It just feels like any slip up and can get back to the 335 or more from when originally started. But the mind can play tricks on ones rationale thoughts. That is why I reached out to MFP family for words so wisdom
  • LaSebaya19
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    LaSebaya19 wrote: »
    slbbw wrote: »
    you are at 7.5% lost. That is not minimal at all. Acknowledge the progress you have made. You are averaging about .5% a week. If you maintain that rate you will have lost about 100 pounds at the year mark. Long term goals.

Yes, I agree.. If I keep going then hopefully will reach the goal I set out to.. I know it's not realistic but the drop is very very slow & I know it's all about Patience!!! Which most of us don't have lol.. Thank You for reaching out

The point most of us are trying to make is that one of your biggest risks against eventual success is your non internalization of how successful you've been and your belief that the success should have been greater.

It is quite common for people who overdo things to not feel they're getting enough bang for their effort

You need to dial down your loss to a level where you can dial it in for the long term.

In other words to make it easy enough for you that you find joy in doing long term whatever it is you will be doing to succeed.

Your reward is not the next 25 lbs. Your reward is rejoicing in achieving a process on a daily basis that results in the next 15 to 30 lbs in reduction... and you're happy with either the 15 or the 30 or anywhere in between because you're already doing all the things you know you should be... and you're enjoying them.

Very Well Said!!! You have made many good points. Ones mind will make them feel like what they have done is nothing. I need to be easy with myself and not put so much pressure on myself. I must take it one day at a time because in the end it is all a mental game and knowing things won't happen when one expects. Thank You for advice