Feeling discouraged..

Options
I really need some encouragement today. I'm a bit depressed. My first goal was to be 89kgs (198lbs) before we go camping, on Sunday. I've started this week so well, at 90.3 (199lbs) and it's been fluctuating every day. From 90.3kg to 90.6kg to 90.1 to 90.5, it's so frustrating!! I'm so close yet so damn far. I was really positive this morning when I got on and thought I was going to make it, but nope... I literally started crying!
So today is going to be hard, because I'm between 2 feelings right now, from WHATEVER, I'm not reaching it anyways, so what the hell, I can have that damn muffin and chocolate and chips... But on the other side, I'm feeling that maybe I haven't logged in as accurately and I have to do that and I WILL REACH MY GOAL!!!!
Any word of encouragement to make that last thought more of a priority than the first? I need it today.. 🙁

Replies

• murphomatic
    murphomatic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't grab the muffin! That's my MO so I know how the "screw it!" mentality feels. But trust me, it definitely won't make it better! Throw yourself onto the treadmill for a good solid hour and avoid anything salty. You'll hit that 89kgs by Sunday. Buckle down! You can do it!
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    The scale is only part of your success!!! What I've learned weigh-in in daily is that you have to learn what your body naturally does after eating certain things!!! You could just be retaining a lbs or 2 of water!! If you feel better your clothes fit better and you can do more than you could before.....YOU ARE WINNING!!!! The scale will get in line with you!! You can do this!!! All things I moderation tooooooo enjoy your muffin and then move a lil more today!!! This is my third weight loss journey!! Th8s time has been much different!! Healing my mind d and heart first then losing the weight!! My husband called me fat for 3 years and so I stayed big to spite him. Now we are in a better place and I had to learn to be ok with me and the scale
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Last summer I said enough pitty party!! Went from 205-170 stayed there all winter then turned up the heat again and now I'm at 160!!!! You got this!!! Keep pushing don't give in to the wispers in your head!!!!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    our body "weight" fluctuations within a single day, week and month. based on all kinds of things OTHER THAN FAT. we are never one number all day over many days. well the scale may say so but there is a margin of error in scales ;)

here is info you should read over
    http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/