Advice for getting rid of cellulite and sagging skin?

I need serious help. I'm in my early 40s and have lost a lot of weight in the past year (about 45 pounds). I weigh less than I did when I was 16, so my skin has been stretched out for a long time. So now that I'm interested in wearing shorts and bathing suits, my thighs are very saggy and lumpy. I'm working out and building muscle, but I'm hoping someone might have some advice on how to minimize the appearance of the sagging cellulite. Any help is appreciated! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Time helps. I lost about 100lbs and the first year, everything was pretty loose. It's tightened up over the next two years. I still notice it a little, but definitely not as much. If it's really severe you can look into plastic surgery.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,321 Member
    For cellulite, you can try some short fixes ie fake tan hides it to a certain degree and body brushing plumps the skin up, but it’s just the way your skin overlies your fat. Losing fat helps but some of us are just prone to resembling an orange (I certainly am). And that’s before I get the fake tan wrong!
  • Clarisse_McClellan
    Clarisse_McClellan Posts: 44 Member
    Just wait a couple years and see what your body can do on its own. You can look into surgery if things don't improve to your liking after a couple years, but I wouldn't rush into it before you know how much your body can heal the skin on its own.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    It took me several years of maintenance for all of my skin to completely tighten up and for all of the cellulite on my legs to go away.

After an 80+ pound loss and being overweight most of my life I thought I'd either have to accept it or consider plastic surgery, but it just took a lot of time and patience.

I did nothing special or bought anything. I walk daily, strength train however.