Working Out & Eating Like Never Before And Nothing

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Just as an FYI your total 8.5miles walking at 230lbs is probably a calorie burn closed to 651cals, not 600 for 5miles plus another few hundred for the extra 3.5 miles.

This is a good formulae for walking calories.
    Walking calorie equation.
    (Weight x .3) x distance in miles.
    (W in lbs x .3)x (distance in km x .621)

Running use weight x .6 or .63

Cheers, h.
  • MementoSomniare
    MementoSomniare Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked out recently?
  • cfbfan41115
    cfbfan41115 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just as an FYI your total 8.5miles walking at 230lbs is probably a calorie burn closed to 651cals, not 600 for 5miles plus another few hundred for the extra 3.5 miles.

This is a good formulae for walking calories.
    Walking calorie equation.
    (Weight x .3) x distance in miles.
    (W in lbs x .3)x (distance in km x .621)

Running use weight x .6 or .63

Cheers, h.

So, walking at incline on 12 doesn’t add any more effect? Then, why do it?

• cfbfan41115
    Options
    So, today consumed 1,735 calories. I did a dumbbell circuit training workout this morning. Then, around 1:00, I carried 21 pieces of pool furniture about 15 yards. So, that was roughly 15-20 trips 15 yards and back to get the other pieces. If that is overeating including that amount of exercise, not sure what more I can do.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Ok. Joined the gym end of March. I walk 3.5 miles in an hour and incline not below 7. This is more than I have ever down. I do some good weight lifting also. I have been eating good also. I am not exceeding calories. At my job, I get around 10,000-12,000 steps a day. Add that to my 3.5 mile walk. And working out. How am I not losing? Male 5 feet 8 inches and 230 pounds. I have nice arms and legs. Any ideas for a guy that needs to lose this guy?

You have to be building muscles if you are eating enough protein. Are you getting 3000 calories most days?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    So, today consumed 1,735 calories. I did a dumbbell circuit training workout this morning. Then, around 1:00, I carried 21 pieces of pool furniture about 15 yards. So, that was roughly 15-20 trips 15 yards and back to get the other pieces. If that is overeating including that amount of exercise, not sure what more I can do.

As I said yesterday, "Weigh your food, track it via MFP, and be patient." I should probably add, track your exercise calories and eat at least some of them back but realize that most gym machines will overestimate how many calories you've burned, not matter how much information you're able to input.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

How are you determining that intake? Are you weighing *all* of your food?
  • cfbfan41115
    Options
    Weighed it all on my food scale or used the label. I logged it all today. @GaleHawkins nowhere near 3,000 calories a day. If I did that I would be big as a house. Lol. Ok. Be patient, work out, log all foods.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Weighed it all on my food scale or used the label. I logged it all today. @GaleHawkins nowhere near 3,000 calories a day. If I did that I would be big as a house. Lol. Ok. Be patient, work out, log all foods.

Labels can be off by up to 20%. I weigh those things too.