What scale do you have

Options
2»

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    TamaraLoe wrote: »
    We have an Aria by Fitbit, and it syncs to our Fitbit app. I love it.

Ditto. I love this scale. I've had it for 3 years I think. It's a little bit pricey, but I don't have any issues with it. I like that you can sync multiple users to their FitBit accounts, so my H and our two daughters can all use it. The boys can use it too, but they don't have FitBits.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I have a Renpho and it seems to be doing what its designed to do. I'm happy with it.
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love my Renpho scale! Syncs to my phone Fitbit app automatically, which syncs to myfitnesspal so I don't have to ever type in my weight.

Do you find the body fat % accurate? All the main stats on mine match to the big scale at the gym but the body fat % is out by 10%.
  • Laurenstrong413
    Laurenstrong413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale with Body Tape Measure, 8mm Tempered Glass, 400 Pounds https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HI1W1V4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hN37CbKVDP230

Returned a WW scale that was faulty. Then I looked up the reviews for good & decent scales. No problems with this one! I'd recommend.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LAM2011 wrote: »
    I love my Renpho scale! Syncs to my phone Fitbit app automatically, which syncs to myfitnesspal so I don't have to ever type in my weight.

Do you find the body fat % accurate? All the main stats on mine match to the big scale at the gym but the body fat % is out by 10%.

I really mostly use mine for the weight only. I have absolutely no idea if the body fat% is accurate as I have not gone and paid to have a high-accuracy body fat measurement taken somewhere (e.g. water or air displacement, DEXA). All scales using the bioelectrical impedance method the Renpho uses (and I'm guessing your gym scale uses the same) are supposed to be a fairly inaccurate way of measuring BF%. https://www.consumerreports.org/body-fat-scales/body-fat-scale-review/
    What I will say, however, is that the Renpho seems to give me consistent BF% results (e.g. if I step on it two times in a row it gives same reading) so it may at least be accurate enough to show you a trend of decreasing body fat (which mine does over 4-5 months I've been losing weight). However, I've also read that even for trends, the body fat scales may not show you a good estimate depending on where you personally tend to carry your fat, because the electrodes are just on your feet and the path the current flows through your body is from one leg to the other.

Basically, take it with more than a grain of salt. :-)