Does anybody uses MapMyFitness App

Sharod_BeastFit
Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
edited May 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
I use the MapMyFitness App in snyc with the MyFitnessPal but sometimes I get a lil discouraged when my Calorie count differentiates from the machine I use in terms of accuracy according to your height and weight. For ex. On a Treadmill it may say 950 calories burned but on the app it may say 445 calories burned at the end of my workout session. I dont know.

Replies

• CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,842 Member
    All devices seem to read different. I used Map My Fitness yesterday for a short 15 minute walk. It said I burned 86 calories, but my Fitbit showed 119 calories burned. I don't have have Map My Fitness synced to MFP, but I do have my Fitbit connected.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    sharbankst wrote: »
    I use the MapMyFitness App in snyc with the MyFitnessPal but sometimes I get a lil discouraged when my Calorie count differentiates from the machine I use in terms of accuracy according to your height and weight. For ex. On a Treadmill it may say 950 calories burned but on the app it may say 445 calories burned at the end of my workout session. I dont know.

My treadmill doesn’t ask me how tall I am or what my gender is, it does adjust the burn estimates if I use the heart rate sensors, but it only asks how much I weigh. I don’t pay any attention to its calorie burn estimates because there is no way I trust what it’s telling me.