Sleep Cycle Alarm Clocks

Options
Hi guys, I'm using sleep cycle app but sometimes I still wake up tired. I want to find if there is a better option.

Ideally, I want a dedicated device that tracks my sleep cycle and has an alarm to it. I will set an alarm and it will wake me up within 90 from the target to ensure I'm at the top of sleep cycle. I'll pay hundreds of dollars for this. Please help!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm using sleep cycle app but sometimes I still wake up tired.

Maybe you're not sleeping well. Might you have sleep apnea? Snoring is a common symptom of that.
  • TimothyIvory
    TimothyIvory Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wake up tired, not everyday, thankfully. The days I am tired, I want to find out why. I want to rule out that I'm waking up near the bottom of the sleep cycle, in deep rem sleep. An accurate, dedicated, tracker, moreso than a sleepcycle app on my phone, sounds like the next step.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    If I was going to get a fancy alarm clock, it would be the one that wakes you up with light. Starts dim and almost pink, then orange, then yellow and bright at wake up time. Like the sun is rising on my night stand. A friend has one and says she wakes you feeling more awake and alert. I don't know, it sounds like it could be as gimmick or it might work ... so I'd buy it from a store with a good return policy.
  • TimothyIvory
    TimothyIvory Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Interesting, an idea that might circumvent this. Even if I'm in deep sleep, a gradual light might naturally bring me out of it. Bookmarked this idea :) Keep em coming (if possible).
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out ‘human charger’ too ... I haven’t used it, just heard about it, but it’s meant to make you feel more awake by shining blue light into your ears !!!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    sarabushby wrote: »
    You might want to check out ‘human charger’ too ... I haven’t used it, just heard about it, but it’s meant to make you feel more awake by shining blue light into your ears !!!
    How does that even make sense? Your ears can't see...

Btw, google 'HumanCharger scam.' I did, and it was every bit of nonsense that I expected it would be. ;)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If I was going to get a fancy alarm clock, it would be the one that wakes you up with light. Starts dim and almost pink, then orange, then yellow and bright at wake up time. Like the sun is rising on my night stand. A friend has one and says she wakes you feeling more awake and alert. I don't know, it sounds like it could be as gimmick or it might work ... so I'd buy it from a store with a good return policy.

One time when I was traveling in Germany I stayed in a hotel where you could set an alarm on the TV. It started by just going on and having some colors and music and then then music got louder and louder and then it started telling you to get up in German until it was basically shouting at you in German. I kind of want that. Maybe I'm weird?

(I actually never use an alarm anymore until I have to get up super early and being late is not an option, like for a 6 am flight. Even so I always wake up before it goes off.)