Options
Rishaschultz94
Rishaschultz94 Posts: 23 Member
edited May 2019 in Food and Nutrition
I'm 24 5'4 female
SW- 235.6
CW-229.6
GW-130
1500 Cals a day (sometimes more sometimes less)

So I started about 3 weeks ago eating high protein, low carbs and low sugar. I been finding it helping alot and I hardly ever feel the need for anything else. Once in awhile I do but I go to a place called "ideal protein" and they have good snack options for when I need something. (Although they want me eating only 1000 calories a day. 60% protein. 20 % carbs and 20% sugar.
I don't go by it fully cause I eat 1500 calories and sometimes eat over the 20% for carbs and sugar. But overall I feel satisfied:)

Just wondering what helps you guys feel full and keep motivated ? Do u ever go over ur calories and if so do u beat urself up about it?

I feel so much better eating1500 rather then the 1000 they want me to do.... What do I do?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    I focus on getting enough protein and fiber to keep me full. My long-term health goals keep me motivated. I frequently go over my calories and I never beat myself up about it. What would that accomplish?

Keep eating 1500 calories a day (or more, if you're losing more than 2 lbs a week). Stop listening to people who give you terrible advice like eat only 1000 calories a day. Although if it were me, I would be tempted to point out very loudly (so other customers will hear) the next time they mention it, "So, your products and your macro suggestions really aren't in any way responsible for weight loss, because you need people to eat unhealthy very low calorie diets to see results so they'll come back here and buy stuff from you?"
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm not excusing it because nobody should be convinced that they need to eat 1000 calories to lose weight but a lot of places like this purposely recommend lower calories than needed on the assumption that you will inaccurately count calories since most people do. If someone isn't using a food scale, the best thing they can do is either use measuring cups or portion containers but many people find when they think they are eating something like 1200 calories, they're actually eating 1500 calories or even more. Not only that but the nutritional facts on food labels are allowed to have a 20% margin of error, at least in the U.S.

Again, I'm not saying I condone this practice, especially since it leads to people claiming they had to eat so little just to lose weight, but it could be a possible explanation. Stick with your 1500 calories and adjust as needed from there. Also, the macros they give you don't matter with regard to losing weight either. Feel free to adjust those until you find which breakdown works best for you.