Coming off keto

Options
2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    whoami67 wrote: »
    Keto can have some serious side effects, even long term ones. See a doctor.

Uhhhh what effects....... ?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I did see my dr a couple weeks ago. I’ve had a ton of blood work done. Thyroid, kidney, liver, electrolytes, gluten intolerance...etc...lots. All came back normal. Dr says that she thinks my body is adjusting still and thinks it will pass.

Sick, as in headache, nausea, shaky/tingly, dizzy, extremely sore back and back of neck. My arms are very tired and weak feeling. My thrust hurts like the feeling of having a lump in your throat, but the whole thing. My anxiety is crazy to the point where I can barely move my fingers without getting extremely frustrated and anxious, like when writing or texting. My mouth is extremely dry, I can’t leave the house without bringing a water, sore eyeballs. .....and this is everyday. No exaggeration. It’s been hell.

I’m at a loss and just wondered if anyone’s ever heard of anything like it.

I have another appointment with my dr this week..

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. Ok, just wanted to make that clear. If your regular doctor doesn't check your thyroid again go see someone else. This sounds dangerous and like hyperthyroid. Could be anything and you definately need an endocrinologist to diagnose and treat you. If no one else helps you go the the emergency room.