What do you fear?

Replies

• Aveseves
    Aveseves Posts: 62 Member
    Failing

Yes, I'm right there with you. However failure is great for growth!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    The inevitable heat death of the universe

You know what, I was just thinking 'bout this..... in the not too distant future (relatively speaking), the Earth is just going to be one big lump of charcoal and everything we have ever known and loved will be turned to black, dirty ash.

Have a nice evening!
  • Motorsheen
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Being powerless

.... you drive a Prius, don't you ?
  • Motorsheen
    I feer speling werds.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member
    Being super vulnerable here but I fear being replaced or forgotten. These fears stem from my mother and how she used to choose other people or herself instead of her own kids when we were younger. So when people leave my life it hits me hard.

I choose you.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »

You know what, I was just thinking 'bout this..... in the not too distant future (relatively speaking), the Earth is just going to be one big lump of charcoal and everything we have ever known and loved will be turned to black, dirty ash.

Have a nice evening!

Oh yeah the Earth as we know it will be long gone before the rising entropy destroys the universe BUT since our Sun isn't big enough to supernova it'll either swell up and consume Earth before burning out OR what if it just burns out ...and Earth it just free to float out in a straight path, frozen, until it comes across something else to orbit and possibly thaw and create new life 😮

I just hope to someday have a sandwich named after me before all of this occurs.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Have a nice evening!

Oh yeah the Earth as we know it will be long gone before the rising entropy destroys the universe BUT since our Sun isn't big enough to supernova it'll either swell up and consume Earth before burning out OR what if it just burns out ...and Earth it just free to float out in a straight path, frozen, until it comes across something else to orbit and possibly thaw and create new life 😮

I love your mind!!
    I find that idea soothing....somehow

note..'astronomy for non math students' was one of my favourite, most engaging university classes!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Have a nice evening!

I love your mind!!
    I find that idea soothing....somehow

note..'astronomy for non math students' was one of my favourite, most engaging university classes!

I still want to take an astronomy college course

Ok, so at U of T it was in convocation hall. It's old and pretty.
    The room was dark, techno music playing..and 3 Profs ran the class. They ran it all in the dark.
    My lay gist was "the expanding universe guy", "the space balloon guy" and ...the other guy? I don't remember his point...but loved the class.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    I fear something bad happening to my kids.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    the rise of the machines
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Being super vulnerable here but I fear being replaced or forgotten. These fears stem from my mother and how she used to choose other people or herself instead of her own kids when we were younger. So when people leave my life it hits me hard.

My dad did this when my parents split - but it’s what drives me to be involved in my kids lives -so maybe everything happens for a reason🤷‍♂️ our loss is our kids gain ? Idk but I feel you
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I fear becoming a burden to others in my old age.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    I fear becoming a burden to others in my old age.

I think that's my biggest fear ! :/
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    PMs from @slimgirljo15
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    PMs from @slimgirljo15

:laugh: ya big scaredy cat..
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    I'm not enough.

A needless fear for you :):)