Flabby arms (batwings)

Options
I lost 60 pounds about 10 years ago and my arms have been terribly flabby since. There is nothing there, just skin and loose fat. I’m very self conscious about them, no sleeveless for sure and my arms make me look bigger than I am. Is there any hope with exercise? I feel would have to be surgically removed. TIA

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Mine are similar so I feel ya. I personally feel satisfied just wearing slightly longer sleeves, I live for the kind of "short sleeves" that come nearly to the elbow & are super flattering, so I don't need to wear 3/4 or long sleeves to feel confident. As time goes on I care less, though, and I'm 42 and not big on sleeveless (due to tattoos) so eh.

I know one woman who had a similar loss to my own (over 100 lb) and she did have brachioplasty to correct the issue. I really hate to sound disparaging here -- I'm very glad that she seems happy with her results, but to be honest I would not be happy with her results if I paid a lot of money for the surgery as she did. To me her arms still look quite conspicuous in sleeveless clothing and have a bit of an odd, tight appearance. Mileage varies I'm sure.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Strength training will give your arms more shape so there is more there for people to notice. It won’t get rid of the skin or fat as such.