Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease

Options
Hi everyone.

I've just been diagnosed with NASH. Just wondering if anyone else has aswell? I'm new here so I'm also looking for mfp friends for support and motivation. Feel free to add me if you would like too 😁

Emma xx

Replies

• KristiH2244
    KristiH2244 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Definitely get things under control. My mom has stage 4 cirrhosis at 82 years old...never a drop of alcohol drank in her life.

It’s (cirrhosis) a crazy disease and scary, too. When your ammonia goes up, you lose your mind. You can slip into a coma and die, etc.

Diet and exercise can stop progression of fatty liver. So get on the bandwagon ASAP, or cirrhosis is where you end up.

There is a fb group I’m in focused on cirrhosis that has many people just like you in it. Look up cirrhosis liver disease. Their photo is a liver of course. Haha

Best of luck.
  • KristiH2244
    KristiH2244 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To clarify...her cirrhosis came from fatty liver disease. Not alcohol.
  • perica786
    perica786 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am also in the process of reversing my NAFLD as well.
  • ShatoLien
    ShatoLien Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I was diagnosed on the 10th of June. Not much help from doctor diet wise. Was told to eat "healthy". Well, I actually thought I was, except for my love of chocolates and cheese. I dont drink, I dont eat any fat (butter, bacon fat, chicken skin, lamb chop fat, etc) I love veggies. Mostly ate veggies. BUT I also liked freshly baked goods, like breadrolls. So I have now stopped eating baked goods mostly, no bread except for one a week a slice of glutenfree toast. Once a week some low fat cheese ( I really miss the cheese) once a week a chocolate ( trying to get rid of it altogether but having a hard time) only use fat free milk and fat free yoghurt now. Having a fruit smoothie for breakfast and fruit/veggies for lunch and supper. Sometimes glutenfree pasta. Butternut is my new best friend. Hate the fact that my stomach looks like I am 6 months past my due date! Oh ja, used Ursotan for six weeks after liver biopsy and Essentials liver tonic. That was the doctors remedy. Have to do bloodtest every 3 months to check levels. I was advised by a friend to take chia seeds, lemonjuice and a dash of honey with water first thing in the mornings. Need to go for blood this week. Have lost a total of 200g. Very frustrating.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I found Ursotan and that looks like an appropriate treatment, but what is Essentials liver tonic? What are the ingredients?

You need to talk to a registered dietician about how to eat for your condition. I'm shocked your doctor didn't refer you to one.
  • IAmGainingHealth
    IAmGainingHealth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed years ago.

You can put me in your group.
  • MaryTierney100
    MaryTierney100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with NASH 11 years ago. Scared me quite a bit. My liver function is now back to normal (after about 1 year of hard work). Dr Cabot (The Liver Dr) is the best source for everything about the liver. Great books and supplements. I took her liver tonic for a few years. I also used essential oils (Young Living JuvaCleanse) applied over my liver 2x daily. But the most important dietary things are:
    NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, no pop, no processed foods, no deep fried foods & no fast foods. Drink a lot of water and eat plenty of healthy greens and you can turn this around too. You must lose weight to take the burden off of your liver.

https://www.liverdoctor.com/about-dr-sandra-cabot/