Ketosis Low carb

Options
chloeabe
chloeabe Posts: 4 Member
Hi. Iv completes day 1 of this low carb ketosis style diet.
I'm only planning on doing it for 3 weeks to see how it generally goes. Anyone else done this?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Eat plenty of salt for the first week.
  • Hirang2015
    Hirang2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two but I'm also fasting 16:8 5 days a week. So far hardest part for me was the fasting. I've been doing low carb for 9 months. But started the 60/30/10 keto last week.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    Just be prepared to regain a large percentage of what you've lost when you stop. If you only do keto for three weeks, a large part of what you lose is likely to be water weight.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Nope that diet is not sustainable! Fasting would help along with eating healthy whole foods. @chloeabe

For you it may not be sustainable - there are quite a few people on these boards who have maintained low-carb/keto for years.
    Eat plenty of salt for the first week.

^^ this
    Just be prepared to regain a large percentage of what you've lost when you stop. If you only do keto for three weeks, a large part of what you lose is likely to be water weight.

^^ and this
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    chloeabe wrote: »
    Hi. Iv completes day 1 of this low carb ketosis style diet.
    I'm only planning on doing it for 3 weeks to see how it generally goes. Anyone else done this?

If you only do keto for 3 weeks, you're likely to lose a bunch of water weight...just be aware that when/if you stop, the water weight will come back on.