Finding old pictures

Options
SisterSueGetsFit
SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
edited May 2019 in Success Stories
ne55muljl9jr.jpeg
I was looking for a particular photo on my moms phone this weekend when I ran across the photo of myself on the left. I hardly recognized myself.

I had originally lost about 55 pounds three years ago or so. I’ve managed to gain back about 20 of that. With an upcoming trip to Tahiti, I’ve gotten back on board.

Directly before finding this picture, I had been beating myself up over complete over indulgence the last four days after being really on point for the last three weeks (while snacking on barbecue potato chips and drinking a brandy).

Anyway, I had to remind myself how far I’ve come. I may not be where I want, and I may slip more than I wish I would, but I’ve never given up. And I can’t quit now.

Neither girl is perfectly happy, but The one on the left worked to be the one on the right, and then one on the right is working to be better.

Replies

• GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    SisterSue you are beautiful!!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Hope I can say the same soon mines the opposite switch them for me lol. Was a mere tiny little thing then post menopause pregnancies! Went up over 200lbs in my pregnancy then bam 195lbs when he popped out been yo-yo up down for awhile. Lost 20 lbs down to 175 but I still look like a bowl full of Jelly. Fatty Patty I decided is my nickname when I’m tempted to grab the 2yr olds snacks! Mines not a before y after to be proud of just yet but hoping to look like you someday soon. Got a chin waddler at the moment like a turkey lol.
    BTW love your name GoodLardy love your sense of humor brighten up this old gals day!
    My kids 1- in 20’s
    2- restart button 2yrs old
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    GoodLardy wrote: »
    SisterSue you are beautiful!!
    Thank you! Working towards a better attitude. It comes and goes, but mostly it stays.
    Hope I can say the same soon mines the opposite switch them for me lol. Was a mere tiny little thing then post menopause pregnancies! Went up over 200lbs in my pregnancy then bam 195lbs when he popped out been yo-yo up down for awhile. Lost 20 lbs down to 175 but I still look like a bowl full of Jelly. Fatty Patty I decided is my nickname when I’m tempted to grab the 2yr olds snacks! Mines not a before y after to be proud of just yet but hoping to look like you someday soon. Got a chin waddler at the moment like a turkey lol.
    BTW love your name GoodLardy love your sense of humor brighten up this old gals day!
    My kids 1- in 20’s
    2- restart button 2yrs old

Trust me when I say don’t be hard on yourself. It’s all part of the process. Your pictures are lovely and you will get to where you want to be. I wish you all the luck in the world.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun doubt I’ll look like the top pre last 2 pregnancy picture again but don’t mind getting close lol. Hard not to get on to myself when a few seconds ago I slurped up my sons muffin dust in his bowl then the cheetah bits one lol. Not sure how to add that to the calories lol how much dust equals a portion lol? I had enough bits to equal a serving I bet but who knows boy were they stale. I’m just happy to look like the below pic should have seen me at 195 woooo definitely was hiding from cameras or saying head shots only. Lol my hubby said don’t count it he won’t tell.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!