need help!

Options
zfitgal
zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
Hey everyone! I'm at maintenance now and I'm so happy with my weight and the way I look. I didn't plan on going off program today, but I went to a family bbq and I was starving!!! I went off and enjoyed! But in 2 weeks from now is a holiday for me. I was planning on not indulging until then, but I caved :(. I
know tomorrow I'll be back on track, I just feel guilty indulging today knowing I'll be doing it again in weeks. Any suggestions on what I should do? I'm usually very good with my diet. I usually have a day off from program once a month and my body reacts well to this...

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    You should just move on. one bad meal won't be a big issue. it happens, just go back to the program tomorrow.

and in the future, ensure to have a reasonable snack or meal a bit before going so you are not starving. Or keep a good healthy snack handy in case of emergency. it's very hard to make good decisions when we are starving :) But we all have to learn along the way :)
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I wa s very hungry for the past 2 days, this afternoon, after I ate lunch it just wasn't enough like it normally was...
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    it happens. randomly. or maybe you need to eat more overall.

are you exercising more?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I'm very lean and exercise very intensely. I'm sure I shouldf be eating more but i like how lean I am, but I have been going through a hard time for the past few months in regards to my divorce, so my nerves have been on edge
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I eat 1720 a day Im sure I can eat more. but i like being 16% bf...I have a substantial smount of muscle...I weigh between 132-135 and I'm 5"5
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It’s a holiday, I hope you enjoyed it!

Log everything even though you went over, and if you want to cut a few more calories or add a few extra calories from exercise to offset your splurge over the next few days, you can do that. Just don’t restrict so much that you are tempted to go off plan again.

In the long run one day won’t make much difference at all to your appearance. But enjoying a holiday with family is something that you can treasure forever! Learning to balance your life and your way of eating is a process.

• zfitgal
    Options
    It’s a holiday, I hope you enjoyed it!

Log everything even though you went over, and if you want to cut a few more calories or add a few extra calories from exercise to offset your splurge over the next few days, you can do that. Just don’t restrict so much that you are tempted to go off plan again.

In the long run one day won’t make much difference at all to your appearance. But enjoying a holiday with family is something that you can treasure forever! Learning to balance your life and your way of eating is a process.

I usually take one day off a month from tracking dieting and eat whatever I want as much as I want. I mentally like it and my body physically is fine with it. What bothers me is that I didn't plan on going off today. I went to my sister's for a BBQ in the food look delicious. Family was there everyone was eating I just felt like I wanted to be a part of it. Which is totally understandable, especially being at maintenance. But my problem is that in two weeks is my holiday, where I will be eating a lot of pastas cheesecakes and a whole bunch of delicious Dairy food. I did not want to indulge this month until my holiday. So a bit upset with myself for doing so.

For the past few months I have been going through a bit of a custody battle. And in the last few weeks it's been very emotional and stressful. I had a lot of anxiety and I did not have an appetite. I would get nauseous all the time. This Saturday it wasn't in my favor. I was able to breathe again. Today I was starving I was wondering maybe if it was because my appetite came back. I'm not really sure, but whatever it is I'm upset with myself for giving in to eating today and not holding out for two more weeks. I want to physically look the same in two weeks as I did this morning before I indulged. Which I'm sure I will, it's just when doing things unplanned upsets me mentally.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I can understand why feeling out of control would upset you. Think of it as a learning experience, you learned that being with your family at a gathering, you want to indulge! In future you can either plan some lighter options to bring, or budget some more calories for holidays. No point in being upset over the past!