Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) June 2019

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
You are invited to check us out...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

This group emphasizes long-term changes, but you can sign up for one month at a time.
Here is the June 2019 link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/132773-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2019

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Here is an encouraging quote from one of our UAC team members,
    "I started UAC last May so this will mark 1 year for me! I committed myself to 18 months but I can see now that I will just continue on even into maintenance. It has been very good accountability for me and great people..posts and pictures! We are all striving for self improvement and the group energy is very positive and supportive. I have had successful physical results as well as mental growth this past year. I know that UAC had a big part in that."
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    um4w1rpixtfv.jpg
    Join a small group of team members who range from those with significant weight loss goals to those who are long-term maintainers. It's a great group of caring, sharing and friendly folks.
    See our June link in a post above
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    June will be my 19th month of participating in the UAC challenge with the goal being to live a healthy life. Monitoring calories, logging, and exercise are the key components of this challenge, yielding success when coupled with individual determination to stay on track. The challenge excludes no one, other team members are supportive, and members are encouraged to stay with the group for accountability even if the coveted “Winner’s Circle” won’t be achieved. Please join UAC and make June a healthy month for you, too. We are better together!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    Completing my 15th month of UAC!
    I’ve lost ~ 25 lbs since then (50 before finding UAC).
    I don’t think I would have hit my GW or have maintained it without the habits UAC instills, the team members who are always supportive & inspire me daily (I’m not the only one who needs to do this), and the wisdom & advice I have learned from Rick, Craig, w8goal4life, and many others.

I highly recommend trying this group, but please give yourself 1-3 months to get the hang of it!!

Your body will thank you❣️
  • heatcalvert
    heatcalvert Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Looking forward to checking out the group.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Completing my 15th month of UAC!
    I’ve lost ~ 25 lbs since then (50 before finding UAC).
    I don’t think I would have hit my GW or have maintained it without the habits UAC instills, the team members who are always supportive & inspire me daily (I’m not the only one who needs to do this), and the wisdom & advice I have learned from Rick, Craig, w8goal4life, and many others.

I highly recommend trying this group, but please give yourself 1-3 months to get the hang of it!!

Your body will thank you❣️

I can also attest to that. I don't think I will have maintained without this group.
    You need to be patience with yourself. This group will help you form the habits you need to succeed in your healthy lifestyle journey.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'm so excited to continue on with this group for another month. I have had such great success since I joined MFP and found UAC.

I'm 1/3rd of my way to my goal weight and will make it due to holding myself accountable to post in this group everyday and state if I've exercised at least 20 minutes, logged everything I've eaten, and stayed under my calorie goal.

Since joining UAC, I've only missed three days not making my daily goals and will be in the winner's circle again for May! Yea, me. I've never been able to stick with a healthy eating and exercising plan before. I've always given up by now. Thank you, @RangerRickL and all the UAC members who are faithful to encourage and support everyone here.

1owpbpjxq815.png

If you're looking for a delightful group of men and women to walk alongside you as you become a healthier you ... my friend, you've found it! We look forward to cheering you on each and every day of June!!

Blessings,
    Bonnie
    Nashville TN
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for the best challenge on MFP, look no further.

- UAC does not have weigh ins.
    - It promotes sensible eating and exercise.
    - Is not restricted to any diet type or exercise type.
    - Promotes daily activity and reporting (hence accountability).

Using UAC principles, I lost 25kg (55 lbs), and have kept it off for over a year. In short, it works. Not only to reach a goal weight, but maintain it.

Also UAC is probably the toughest challenge on MFP as it requires a little every day. Do you have the drive to keep consistently doing the right things for a month?
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    This is the group for you if you need that little nudge to do what you know you need to do to get the weight off and finally get healthy. It's worth being here just to get you motivated to exercise daily. It's a really nice group of inspiring people who will cheer you on when you have good days and send hugs when you need a lift.
    I originally lost down to within a few pounds of my goal weight (almost 25 lbs) in about 4 months a year and a half ago. I'm back to get off a few pounds that crept back on. The habits become second nature but you need to keep at it.
  • dipsuk
    dipsuk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck for a couple of years at a weight that is 25 -30 lbs higher than where I'd like to be for good health . Also growing older has made it harder to stick to a routine w consistency. I am looking forward to working on this challenge that is exactly aimed at changing behaviors, and that results will follow. Thank you!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I'm grateful for all of the UAC Team Members who shared their enthusiasm for this group:
    Here is a link to join the June 2019 UAChttps://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/132773-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2019