Do you eat exercise cals ?

size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
Hi I had some nice people help me with my issues about exercise calories. Would you mind telling me what’s been most successful for you ?
1. Not eating exercise calories ?
2. Eating all exercise calories ?
3. Eating % exercise calories ?

Thanks 😁

Replies

• size102b
    Eating about 50% worked for me, but this won't be useful to you because my tracker and how accurate it is for me won't tell you how accurate your method is for you.

There is only one number that you can definitely rule out as inaccurate and that's zero calories.

Pick an option stick with it for a month or so whilst logging your food accurately and you'll know how accurate your chosen option is. Then you can adjust accordingly.

Thanks a lot
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    It really depends on, how much your eating (How reliable ) and how much you are burning ( again How reliable)
    The bigger the deficit, the quicker the weight loss.
  • size102b
    It really depends on, how much your eating (How reliable ) and how much you are burning ( again How reliable)

Mines been 1100 deficits a day no fast losses for me
  • Naturally_Monica
    Naturally_Monica Posts: 335 Member
    size102b wrote: »

You said you are eating 1100 cals a day? How long have you been eating in that deficit for? And are you accurately tracking foods with a food scale, etc.?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member

The bigger the deficit can also mean muscle loss, hair loss, and lots of other nasty side effects if a person eats at too agressive a deficit for too long.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited May 2019
    size102b wrote: »

Or does that mean trying to obtain an 1100 daily deficit, or tad more than 2lb weekly loss rate?

You have over 60 lbs to lose to make that reasonable attempt?

If not - then you actually are what would normally be considered a fast loss. The type that usually results in the over 50% of dieters being unable to maintain/reach their healthy goal weight.

If that is the amount of deficit - how long you been attempting that?

And to the OP question - yes, eating back all my manually logged workouts with best estimate of calories burned.
    I'm one that figures if I'm going to spend X amount of time confirming the food side of the equation is best it can be, I can spend that much time on burning side of equation too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,031 Member
    Estimated them carefully, ate pretty much all of them back, all through a year of losing around 50 pounds, and 3 years of maintaining a healthy weight since.
  • ighecla
    ighecla Posts: 2 Member
    I use a Garmin Fitness tracker linked to MFP. My goal is 1200 net calories per day and 1lb a week weight loss. I try to leave 200-250 of my exercise calories 'on the table' to cushion imperfections in tracking. I am consuming between 1900 and 2400 calories a day and have lost 27lbs in 25 weeks. This approach seems to be working for me and I think will be sustainable when I switch gears to maintenance weight.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I usually log more exercise than I eat. On my best days, I get all the protein I'm supposed to and keep my carbs very low.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    On average I eat about 50 % of exercise calories burned.
  • akalostangel
    akalostangel Posts: 7 Member
    I started out eating them, but found myself going over my goal, then minimally exercising so I could be under my calories. I like to eat under my calorie goal, if even just a bit, so I'd rather not include exercise calories at all and then I can be sure I am under.