Tornado Watch

1991court
1991court Posts: 230 Member
Anyone else in the Midwest Storms?? We just got put in a Tornado watch.. Good thing I've put our Tornado Kit back together. Praying I won't have to use it! If you're in this weather please be careful!!

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Stay safe..
  • 1991court
    We’ve had a few funnel clouds yesterday...

Oh fun stuff. They are saying that this is the worst weather we've had in years. Its not actually suppose to hit till 4 or 5 but they've already posted the watch.
  • 1991court
    lx1x wrote: »
    Stay safe..

Definitely trying too. I don't have a basement so have our tiny interior closet already.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Yep. It's been storming where I am for days now, tornadoes, hail. And now we are starting to re-flood. Catastrophic flooding started here March 14th, it finally receded enough a few weeks ago that people could try to salvage what belongings they could and now the flood stage is back at a major level again.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Pshhhttt..... I'm in Oklahoma. We've had like 20 days with tornado watches this month. Oh and more storm chances this evening. Flooding is bad right now too. Safe to say Okies are experiencing storm fatigue.
  • Just_Mel_
    fitkrgyr5dgm.jpg

The amount of WARNINGS over just a 9 day period.
    Y'all, Tornado Alley is NOT shifting to the east. 🌪
  • 1991court
    I realize Oklahoma gets an outrageous amount of of Tornados.. I am in Tornado Alley, this the first time in ages though we have had anything potentially significant. We get rotations and warnings all the time.
  • Just_Mel_
    1991court wrote: »
    I realize Oklahoma gets an outrageous amount of of Tornados.. I am in Tornado Alley, this the first time in ages though we have had anything potentially significant. We get rotations and warnings all the time.

Yeah it's hitting hard right now everywhere. 😢 Stay safe! Have a tornado plan!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Curious. What’s a tornado kit?
  • 1991court
    Curious. What’s a tornado kit?

In ours I have food, first aid, important documents (in a ziplock), flashlights, batteries, diapering stuff for my son, socks, trash bags, towels, paper towels, hair ties, whistle, water, ducktape, knife.. probably more in there but thats off the top of my head.
  • 1991court
    Update: So what I am seeing via news. I am not effected yet (if it moves north then im in trouble). Tornado is in Kansas, the m3ews crew is estimating an F5, 1.5 to 2 miles wide, IF it is not an F5 they believe there is a chance that there are multiple vortexes within the rotation area.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    😮
  • Rheameg
    Rheameg Posts: 71 Member
    1991court wrote: »
    Anyone else in the Midwest Storms?? We just got put in a Tornado watch.. Good thing I've put our Tornado Kit back together. Praying I won't have to use it! If you're in this weather please be careful!!

I'm in central MO. I missed today's storms but had a couple over the weekend :neutral: