How to add Apple Watch calories

Options
I have an apple watch and know that I can't link my exercises with MFP but was curious if I should add the move calories in to MFP as an exercise or something. Any opinions?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You could - but you don't really get a complete figure until the day is almost over and your eating goal already met.

You could create a workout called Extra activity - and log it and just keep correcting it through the day when you notice a new bigger figure on Apple side that matters enough.

Like perhaps before dinner so you have clue as to how big it can be, then again later in evening to see how much snack you could have.
    Need to confirm MFP is set to Sedentary, since the extra on Apple is that above their Sedentary figure, which is close.

You could also sync with one of the apps that does talk to the Apple Health account (which your watch sends data to), and syncs correct info to MFP.

Then it happens automatically.
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My Apple Watch since with MFP automatically and it doesn’t seem to take long at all. I think it syncs through the health app.
  • heybales
    Options
    IsisRosa wrote: »
    My Apple Watch since with MFP automatically and it doesn’t seem to take long at all. I think it syncs through the health app.

It also syncs incorrect figures to MFP and results in bogus math and adjustments.

It also specifically does NOT sync the Move calories over, one of it's issues.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Check out my replies in this thread... might be helpful. In short, I get my full calorie adjustment based on all that I track in Apple Watch/Apple Health sent over to MFP via another app, Pacer.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43781990#Comment_43781990
  • macki1713
    macki1713 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out my replies in this thread... might be helpful. In short, I get my full calorie adjustment based on all that I track in Apple Watch/Apple Health sent over to MFP via another app, Pacer.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43781990#Comment_43781990

What do you set the activity level to, sedentary or what you're really doing?
  • heybales
    Options
    Sedentary - because that's what Apple starts at too.

Therefore it's Move calories is that over Sedentary burn.

That's what makes its way back to MFP, so now it knows how many calories you burned over sedentary too.

Then take off a deficit - you are maintaining your weight loss rate which is hopefully reasonable.