TW: ED- My Struggle

Hi, I'm Cynical. I don't use my real name in case people ik are on here. Im gonna come right out and say it; I have an eating disorder and mental illness. I suffer from @norexia and general dysmorphia/unease with myself. I want to be honest and reach out to similar people on this app so i dont feel so alone. Now i dont want this to be a sob story, i just want to make friends so we can support each other and talk about our experiences, maybe make a new friend. Please dont report this because i do not condone my behavior, it's just the way i am. So add me if you want or reply/like to be added. Thanks💙

Replies

• carylamodia
    carylamodia Posts: 60 Member
    Hey, I feel like I can relate to you. I had just gotten back here and trying to lose weight the healthy way. I recovered from ED in my teen years.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,398 Member
    @cynicalcatastrophe

If it eases your mind any, there would be no reason for anyone to report your post. The community guidelines allow open discussion of such topics, but they simply draw the line at promotion of unsafe behaviors.

From the community guidelines
    6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

I WILL:

I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.

I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

It's great that you are here looking to make changes, and I hope you find the support that helps you make those changes. There are plenty of people here on the forums that have found their way out of those behaviors, and I'm sure over time you will find some of them to help you.