Women 200lb+, Let's Step It Up In June!!!

Options

Replies

• rubyslipperss1
    rubyslipperss1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Finished my eating for today. It's scary when you see how much sodium and sugar are in foods you would never think had any. I am trying to eliminate as much sodium as I possibly can. Not as concerned about sugar, though I should be. I am so very sick of having elephant feet!
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sodium is the worst! I just don’t get why it’s in so much stuff. We really try to avoid processed food so we can decrease our sodium. Water retention I can deal with; what it does to my blood pressure is another story!
  • Legacy_Dream_Legend
    Legacy_Dream_Legend Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The last few months I have lost myself. The month of May was really bad. I'm trying to get back on track for June, eating healthier and exercise. I am also going to try to be more active in group.

Due to a mini vacation of 3.5 days and eating junk I gained weight this week. I was behind to start, now I just put myself further behind. Time to get my butt in gear!!

SW: 227.5
    GW 6/4: 234 CW 236.6
    GW 6/11: 232
    GW 6/18: 230
    GW 6/25: 228
  • ColoradoLivingg
    ColoradoLivingg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I saw my doctor yesterday for some strange feeling in the right side of my neck which I thought might be a somewhat swollen lymph node. Everything was good and it seems it may just be stress related. I made an appointment with the chiropractor for Friday, as my back is still hurting.

However, at the doctor, I brought up phentermine with him, as my husband is taking it and asked about it. I told him I had maintained since roughly November and am counting calories to lose weight and have lost ~40 on my own. He thought I should still take phentermine and told me that at 1600 calories I'm eating too much and should take it back to 1400. He said for my height, 1600 should be maintenance. I told him I've been eating at 1600 and losing on it and was losing when I was eating higher calories and heavier before.

I thought that was a little strange he told me to cut back so much. I did try at 1400 before for 2 pounds a week but was very hungry all the time and dialed it back to 1.5 pounds a week, which brought me to 1600. I looked up reviews of those who were on phentermine and some of the side affects and experiences were a little frightening. He wants to see me back in a month and wants to see any weight loss, not a specific number.

I'm just getting a strange feeling about the whole thing and am tempted to just keep doing what I'm doing and not take the pills. I'd still go back in a month for a checkup but only with the losses from counting calories and starting at the gym.

Has anyone else here been on phentermine? It's been working for my husband, yes, but he didn't do well with counting calories before and just eats whatever he wants, in very large amounts. He's had some side effects from it that I won't delve into but if anyone else has been on it, can you advise of how you felt on it and if you experienced any side effects?
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I saw my doctor yesterday for some strange feeling in the right side of my neck which I thought might be a somewhat swollen lymph node. Everything was good and it seems it may just be stress related. I made an appointment with the chiropractor for Friday, as my back is still hurting.

However, at the doctor, I brought up phentermine with him, as my husband is taking it and asked about it. I told him I had maintained since roughly November and am counting calories to lose weight and have lost ~40 on my own. He thought I should still take phentermine and told me that at 1600 calories I'm eating too much and should take it back to 1400. He said for my height, 1600 should be maintenance. I told him I've been eating at 1600 and losing on it and was losing when I was eating higher calories and heavier before.

I thought that was a little strange he told me to cut back so much. I did try at 1400 before for 2 pounds a week but was very hungry all the time and dialed it back to 1.5 pounds a week, which brought me to 1600. I looked up reviews of those who were on phentermine and some of the side affects and experiences were a little frightening. He wants to see me back in a month and wants to see any weight loss, not a specific number.

I'm just getting a strange feeling about the whole thing and am tempted to just keep doing what I'm doing and not take the pills. I'd still go back in a month for a checkup but only with the losses from counting calories and starting at the gym.

Has anyone else here been on phentermine? It's been working for my husband, yes, but he didn't do well with counting calories before and just eats whatever he wants, in very large amounts. He's had some side effects from it that I won't delve into but if anyone else has been on it, can you advise of how you felt on it and if you experienced any side effects?

I’m doing 1600 calories, low carb, low fat. I exercise nightly. I’ve lost 34 pounds since I switched to this. It was recommended by a dietician.
  • Making_Impossible_Possible
    Options

I'm with everyone else here. If what you're doing is working, and you don't feel hungry at the end of the day, then keep with that. He said he wanted to see any sort of weight loss by you're next visit, right? Show him you CAN lose weight thru diet and exercise and not with the aid of pills. Keep it up!
  • ColoradoLivingg
    ColoradoLivingg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to go with my gut on this one and not take the pills but will instead continue doing what I'm doing and next week my husband and I will start at the gym. I'm going to go ahead and get the pills so he sees that I picked them up but won't use them and I'll let him know that at my next appointment. I think maybe he feels that those who are overweight can't do it on their own.

@RavenStCloud How are you feeling today? Any better?
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options

All medications typically have some type of side effect - its a matter if it is more or less beneficial with the side effects, probably only you can decide for that. After I had my auto accident in 2009 my weight spiked and I took the pills, I did not find them particularly effective, and I had heart palpitations. Yes 1600 is closer to maintenance unless you are really active. Dial it down a little at a time, if you are doing 1600 then do 1500 for a month - and go from there. What it means is that your calories need to matter more. No soda's, empty calories. What you eat matters. I'm at 1100 each day, I'm in my mid 40's, 5'6, do water xercise mostly and I had a surgery in April, with now added hormones of an IUD (which I didn't want but ws medically necessary), my loss has stalled, or very tiny movement downwards, but I can't really dip more than 1100.
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Met food logging. Today’s cardio was walking first dogs, then children, to local park and back. Muscle recovery today