Made It to Goal Weight!

Options
kellycz
kellycz Posts: 57 Member
It took 22 weeks, and I’m here. Yes!
I’m 49, 5’5”. Starting weight was 146, at the very top of my healthy BMI range. So while the situation wasn’t dire, all my clothes (U.S. size 10/medium) were very tight and I wasn’t happy with the way I looked or felt. My goal weight was 129. I started with 1200 calories per day, but thanks to the forums here on MFP, I quickly switched to 1500 and started weighing daily and using a weight trending app. About a month ago, I bumped up to 1600. Now that my moving average matches my goal weight, I’ll go to 1700 and see what happens. Looking forward to establishing my maintenance range (127-132 maybe?) and aiming to stay within it. Currently comfortable in size 6 jeans, which I haven’t worn since high school. Feeling good! Now I’m going to turn my attention to recomp and get more serious with my lifting. Thanks to everyone here for your insights and motivation.

Replies

• carylamodia
    carylamodia Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow good job! Happy for you! 🤗
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • going2befitblackkorean75
    Options
    Congrats!! Way to go
  • Tonynorman52
    Tonynorman52 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CongrATS
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    W2G now you can change your settings to Maintain hope I get there too
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • ashrymom
    ashrymom Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Why did you increase your calories? Sorry...I wasn't understanding that part.
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • kellycz
    Options
    W2G now you can change your settings to Maintain hope I get there too
    You will!
  • kellycz
    Options
    ashrymom wrote: »
    Amazing job! Why did you increase your calories? Sorry...I wasn't understanding that part.
    Thanks! At the original 1200 setting, I was VERY hungry and losing about 2 pounds a week which was too quickly for my stats. 1500 worked well for me (a loss of about 1 pound per week). When I got within a few pounds of my goal, I added another hundred to slow my loss down and help transition to maintenance.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Great work! Enjoy reaping the benefits!
  • oceangirl99
    oceangirl99 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am so incredibly happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!