Breastfeeding and tying to loose weight

Hey guys!! I am new here!
Here is my story, short and sweet...
I had my first daughter in 2013...I nursed for the first couple weeks but stopped due to her having a cow protein issue...I didn’t gain much with her so going back to my weight prior to getting pregnant was easy...
I just had my second daughter (almost) 3 months ago. I gained 75lbs with this baby and have only lost 25 so far and I’m still nursing. I want to start counting macros but I’m scared that if I begin “dieting”, then I’ll loose my milk supply. I’m open to any tips/tricks/advice...

Replies

• emalademfp
    emalademfp Posts: 6 Member
    Hey, I'm also breastfeeding and losing weight. Feel free to add me.
  • mermaidsgrave
    mermaidsgrave Posts: 98 Member
    I just got done nursing my daughter for two years! You typically need between 200-500 extra calories while nursing. I would start at 2000 calories a day and see how that works for you and then make adjustments.
    You can add oats, leafy greens, veggies, flax seed etc to help boost your supply. And the couple of times my milk did dip, I’d drink a Gatorade and it would come right back!!
    Remember, it took 9 months for weight to go on and you created a life, it’s going to take time for it to come off too! 25lbs in 3 months is really great!! You’re doing a great job mama!!