Serving sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Back of containers I read them one bag says 7 chips is a serving another says 11. Figure manufacturers closest even if their off a few points.I also use google a lot! I type in cucumber calories. Salt calories. Ranch dressing Calories. Bam a rough estimate.I still After if it has a label check it tho cause one brands higher calories than another. I also type in steam tilapia calories.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    No meals bigger than your fist, so quality is important! Make what you eat really count.

You should see the size of some of my meals - huuuge! And still losing weight. Go figure. 😁
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    No meals bigger than your fist, so quality is important! Make what you eat really count.
    My evening meal is all about volume. That helps me feel less deprived when I'm in a calorie deficit.

Last night I had a casserole made with one pound of raw coleslaw veggie mix, one can of condensed soup, and 2 pouches (about 150 grams) of tuna. The whole thing was 410 calories and took me about an hour to eat.

That sounds like something I would love! Recipe, please? @seska422
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    My evening meal is all about volume. That helps me feel less deprived when I'm in a calorie deficit.

Last night I had a casserole made with one pound of raw coleslaw veggie mix, one can of condensed soup, and 2 pouches (about 150 grams) of tuna. The whole thing was 410 calories and took me about an hour to eat.

Yep. I just had a big bowl of red lentil pasta plus lots of veg, some olives, and some pinenuts. The pasta was a serving, the olives and pinenuts were what seemed reasonable to me for taste and calories, and there were lots and lots of veg (asparagus, broccoli, summer squash, and some chard). Cutting out most of the veg so it was the size of a fist would have been so sad.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

That sounds like something I would love! Recipe, please?
    Here you go @corinasue1143 : Coleslaw Casserole with Tuna and Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    OK, try this. Have a little snack about 30 minutes before dinner. Watermelon is good. 45 calories per cup. Or, raspberries. Then have a nice 8oz. glass of water.

Then, fix your plate in the kitchen using a food scale.

When dinner is over, get a cup of coffee or tea and don't continue eating as you clean up the kitchen.

Repeat every day for a year. See how it works, then decide.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have heard of the "fist" thing before, it refers to portions. I think it's something like a steak portion should be as big as your palm? Maybe a potato as big as a fist? It's used for guessing an accurate portion size when you don't have a scale