Runners World Streak? Good, bad, ugly? Experiences of daily running?

Options
I am participating in the RW virtual streak (run at least one mile everyday b/w now and July 4t). I'm really enjoying it. I feel good, no pains, my RHR is normal, not fatigued.

Anyone done this and lived to tell? Did it mess up your endurance training? I have a half next week (2nd of season) and this will be my first "untapered."

I am sort of doing this to prepare myself mentally for full marathon training-my first full. Eek. So, tell me your story? Please...also gove me warnings, advice, fairy wings...whatever works.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I ran 5-18ish miles every day for a year or so while weight training three days a week while playing catcher for a competitive mens baseball team without many issues other than a tweaked hammy or the like. Nothing that kept me from continuing my training.

Having good load management for all your activities is the key for the majority of people.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I streaked a while back and HATED it. Made it 24 days (some days were only a mile very slow) before I ended up injured, hating running, and wanting to quit exercise.

The body needs rest.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    I did the RW holiday challenge one year - at least one mile every day between Halloween and New Year's. I enjoyed it. No real issues, except I wasn't able to do it on Christmas day since we were on the road that day and I was exhausted when we got to our motel. I have a FB friend who has just completed 5 years of streaking. I decided against doing the holiday streak the following year because I was marathon training and felt like I needed rest days, but I think the first streak was helpful in getting me comfortable with running 6 days a week instead of my normal 5, which I did for my next marathon training cycle.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I've been running at least a mile a day for a year now. Included in that were this years marathons, all the training and recovery.

I've found that its helped me get out there on days when I cant be bothered. The short runs help ease some of the doms from other exercise. And I just love running.....