Am I Losing too fast?

Options
So this might seem like a silly question, and while I love seeing the scale go down, I wonder if it's not healthy.

I have been consistently losing 2-3lbs. Per week, and while I know 1-2 is pretty safe, I wonder if that extra lb is too much.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Little extra info:
Female
Height:5'8
SW:181
CW:166
GW:145

I eat about 1200-1300 calories and I don't feel hungry or starved. I eat the suggested protein amounts daily, and stick to carb and sugars and such suggested by mfp.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    how many weeks now have you lost 2-3 pounds?

1lb/week is what would be recommended so close to goal.
  • hatsumi141
    hatsumi141 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    You should only be losing 1 pound per week so yes you are losing to fast if this has been going on for the last 15 pounds. You are not too far from dropping your rate of loss to .5 pounds per week (last 10 pounds or so).

Thank you for the insight maybe I should up my calories and bit. Where did you get your calculations? That I should only be losing 1lb a week. Not arguimg, just wanna understand so I can be better for myself.

:)

Panini911 wrote: »
    how many weeks now have you lost 2-3 pounds?

1lb/week is what would be recommended so close to goal.

About 3 weeks out of 5 I'd say, one was like 1.6lbs.

Thank you for the insight, I think I might start doing 1400/1500 Cal's?

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    update MFP goals to lose 1lb/week

also are you exercising? you are meant to eat those back if you are.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    The rule of thumb as far as safe loss is not more than 1% of bodyweight per week, so you don’t have to limit yourself to only one pound. However, two or three is excessive. If you have recently started your diet you may lose more in the first couple of weeks because much of it is water weight, glycogen from your muscles, and waste in your system.
  • hatsumi141
    hatsumi141 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    update MFP goals to lose 1lb/week

also are you exercising? you are meant to eat those back if you are.

Def gonna change my goal today then, I really wanna do all this the right way, the healthy way. Thank you for the suggestion

I do excersise but I'm not sure how to calculate it as most of it is like power walking or like push up sit up drills.

The rule of thumb as far as safe loss is not more than 1% of bodyweight per week, so you don’t have to limit yourself to only one pound. However, two or three is excessive. If you have recently started your diet you may lose more in the first couple of weeks because much of it is water weight, glycogen from your muscles, and waste in your system.

That makes a lot more sense, thank you for the info.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    9kjwnia17qv9.jpg