Fireball or nah?

Options
13»

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Are the Mike's Hard Lemonade still malt based in the States? Or did you all finally discover that malt based coolers are revolving, and vodka is the better option (for sickeningly sweet kid drinks)?

Actually there are some unsweetened ones here now too that aren't really worthy of ingestion either.

Good old fashioned rye and coke, or ginger for mixed drinks, far better than coolers anyday.

Or...white wine slushy! Discovered that by mistake!

Agree on the old fashioned rye and coke, recently tried gingerale and fireball, it was surprisingly good. My go to usually is just straight Makers Mark and sipping it or rum and pineapple juice.

I also discovered Rum Cream while in Jamaica, it is awesome all on it's own and I am sad that I didn't buy more to bring home while there. I need to go back just for more Rum Cream as you can't get it in the states.

I have never really been able to stomach malt beverages. Yuck.

Rum cream, that sounds amazing! Like a dessert!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I love wine and most types of alcohol. I don't need a chaser with anything. I love grappa, Fernet I can have in small amounts but that is quite pungent so I like it mixed with another type of liquor. Whiskey, bourbon, cognac is nice. I've never had Fireball, but I probably wouldn't like it very much.

There are certain things I can't have. Tequila. Mostly because of a taste aversion I developed from some overindulgence in my 20s. Woops! :p
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i like milk stout nitro poured over ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top sometimes
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I always loved Baileys on my vanilla ice cream until I tried RumChata. Now Baileys tastes so bland to me.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i like milk stout nitro poured over ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top sometimes

Had to look up milk stout nitro.
    What an interesting idea! Like a beer sundae, or first thought was a beer float.

Quite intrigued
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Are the Mike's Hard Lemonade still malt based in the States? Or did you all finally discover that malt based coolers are revolving, and vodka is the better option (for sickeningly sweet kid drinks)?

Actually there are some unsweetened ones here now too that aren't really worthy of ingestion either.

Good old fashioned rye and coke, or ginger for mixed drinks, far better than coolers anyday.

Or...white wine slushy! Discovered that by mistake!

Agree on the old fashioned rye and coke, recently tried gingerale and fireball, it was surprisingly good. My go to usually is just straight Makers Mark and sipping it or rum and pineapple juice.

I also discovered Rum Cream while in Jamaica, it is awesome all on it's own and I am sad that I didn't buy more to bring home while there. I need to go back just for more Rum Cream as you can't get it in the states.

I have never really been able to stomach malt beverages. Yuck.

Rum cream, that sounds amazing! Like a dessert!

Omg. It so is.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Only if its a let's get totally smashed and not remember what we are doing type of night!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    also i think fireball is only like 66 proof? and if you want that flavor and wanna get lit then you can buy Cinerator instead. it tastes better and its like 91 proof. i take it for the common head cold.
    you can't get it in a giant box like fireball though which i guess is kind of unfortunate TBH
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Jameson rocks

Negroni

Vodka soda with a lemon

Shot of whiskey or Tuaca when I’m already drunk and being stupid. Tequila shots start to finish.

Red wine

Sangria
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    Straight Fireball, no thanks. Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Caramel Apple shots are good tho.

Oooh those both sound so good, how do ya make those??
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    don't care much for it myself, but when im lit off that Mike's hard lemonade watch out

This generations zima

Googles Zima

:: I am old::

[what’s Zima?

get off my lawn.

• JB1775
    JB1775 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think fireball is disgusting lol. I don't do cinnamon, especially cinnamon whiskey. Gross. Jameson and ginger is where it's at.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    don't care much for it myself, but when im lit off that Mike's hard lemonade watch out

This generations zima

Thinking about Zima still makes my stomach turn 20 years later. Blech!

OMG..Zima....yummmmmy
    and I like fireball...straight up...but as a kid I loved fireball candies...
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    When I drink, it is usually wine. I do appreciate a good craft cocktail...preferably something citrusy and herbal. Fireball is okay...I like cinnamon and I like whiskey. I think it works well in some holiday cocktails. I rarely do shots these days...a bit unseemly for a woman my age to be tossing back shots if Fireball (which is not to say I haven't done it.)
  • estrad06
    estrad06 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use to be a beer/liquor drinker but beer was not a fan of and liquor brought the crazy out of me so couple trips to Europe and I got into wine .. mind you at that time fireball I did not know existed ... I come back and first drink they have me try is fireball ..ended up killing a bottle and yup aftermath no food so I just stick to wine