going over calories but still losing weight

futty
futty Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I've been going over calories of 1200 everyday and have been on here religiously for one week and have still managed to lose 4lbs in the first week. It may be water or muscle but I've still been eating aa fair bit and not dieting. It just shows how MUCH junk food and rubbish I really put in my mouth everyday. I over ate mainly due to being bored and it was more of a hobby and obsession to be eating every hour but now I'm gradually learning to pull the reins in and not be such a pig. I love this website. Going to start exercising this week too.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    there's two main aspects to diet. calories in vs calories out (not 1200 calories specifically), and quality of diet. If you keep your intake lower than your expenditure, and eat healthy, you will lose weight, that's it. It doesn't need to be a huge deficit, but you have to keep reasonable expectations. Just because you lost 4 lbs your first week, does not mean that will continue. Just stay consistent, and patient, and strong and you will lose the weight you need/want to.
This discussion has been closed.