New to MFP and excited but overwhelmed

Options
Hi everyone,
Just signed up today for MFP. I'm 41 years old, 5'2'', 200 lbs, and looking to lose 70 pounds. I had success in the past on WW, but its expensive, and I had gained it all back, so I thought maybe a more calorie and nutrient based approach instead of calculating points would be easier to maintain long-term.
Suffer from compulsive overeating, and I've gained 50 pounds in 18 months, (actually more, but I lost 15 over the last 6 months, but am stalled.)
I love writing, technology, and my pet bunny.
Hoping to lose weight to gain confidence, which has been almost completely lost in this past gain, and also to gain back my health, become able to move without so much pain, and even start bike riding or jogging again. I'd also like to enjoy shopping and cosplaying with the rest of my geek-family :) (we love going to sci-fi & gaming conventions. hence the "killer frost" username. Anyone else like the Flash?? :)

Good to meet you all. Friend me! See you on the way down!!

Replies

• KillerFrostie
    KillerFrostie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also, here is the link to my blog. I wrote my first post this evening. Not sure if it resonates with anyone, but if you are a compulsive eater/food addict, take a look at some of the thoughts I deal with and the reasons I feel getting healthy and fighting this addiction are worth it.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KillerFrostie
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, All the best!! Feel free to add me :)